lint and Makefiles

barcaroller

Not sure whether this is the right newsgroup but... is there any way I can
tell lint (or one of its derivates) to pick up DEFINE statements/macros and
header file INCLUDE paths from Makefiles so that I do not have to pass them
through the lint command-line?

Flash Gordon

barcaroller said:
Not sure whether this is the right newsgroup but... is there any way I can
tell lint (or one of its derivates) to pick up DEFINE statements/macros and
header file INCLUDE paths from Makefiles so that I do not have to pass them
through the lint command-line?

This is not the right group. We only deal with C here, not the thousands
of tool sets that people use when programming in C.

Michael Mair

barcaroller said:
Not sure whether this is the right newsgroup but... is there any way I can
tell lint (or one of its derivates) to pick up DEFINE statements/macros and
header file INCLUDE paths from Makefiles so that I do not have to pass them
through the lint command-line?

This is not on-topic in comp.lang.c.
<OT>
splint, for example, has the -I option to add include paths and the -D
and -U options to define or undefine macros; combined with an
appropriate make (or basing make and splint on the same data), this
may be what you want.
</OT>

Cheers
Michael