    tell lint (or one of its derivates) to pick up DEFINE statements/macros and
    header file INCLUDE paths from Makefiles so that I do not have to pass them
    through the lint command-line?
    barcaroller, Apr 7, 2006

  2. barcaroller

    Flash Gordon Guest

    barcaroller wrote:
    > Not sure whether this is the right newsgroup but... is there any way I can
    > tell lint (or one of its derivates) to pick up DEFINE statements/macros and
    > header file INCLUDE paths from Makefiles so that I do not have to pass them
    > through the lint command-line?

    This is not the right group. We only deal with C here, not the thousands
    of tool sets that people use when programming in C.
    Flash Gordon, Apr 8, 2006

  3. barcaroller

    Michael Mair Guest

    barcaroller schrieb:
    > Not sure whether this is the right newsgroup but... is there any way I can
    > tell lint (or one of its derivates) to pick up DEFINE statements/macros and
    > header file INCLUDE paths from Makefiles so that I do not have to pass them
    > through the lint command-line?

    This is not on-topic in comp.lang.c.
    <OT>
    splint, for example, has the -I option to add include paths and the -D
    and -U options to define or undefine macros; combined with an
    appropriate make (or basing make and splint on the same data), this
    may be what you want.
    </OT>

    Cheers
    Michael