Linux c app, called remotely by web.

Francesco

hi, i'm not english so excuse me for the grammatical/sintax errors..

i'm relly going crazy looking for that...
i need an example code or something that could help me to create an
very simpe c application that have to do this:

run on a linux server like a daemon and manage variables printing out
the value.. for example...

the appz code:
// $n1 (passed var by browser)
if(!$sum) $sum =0;
$sum = $sum + $n1;
print $sum;

####################

so if you wrote in the browser

http://www.site.com:8000/appz.dll?n1=5
you get back
5

than someone in internet do
http://www.site.com:8000/appz.dll?n1=2
he get back 7

and again if someone else then type
http://www.site.com:8000/appz.dll?n1=5
he get back 12

(yes i know that if i restart computer the count start again from 0..
i'll save the variable every 1 minutes on a file)

and more....
i'm very interested to know if this is possible... without using apache
wich is very slow...
the program should handle millions of request/day... and usually i
should use apache+php+file(or)mysql to do this operation...
and requires a lot of resources at every hits....
i think that this program stored on a ramdisk partition could do the
things really faster..

if someone could help me you make me really happy..
Thanks,
Francesco

Vladimir S. Oka

Francesco said:
hi, i'm not english so excuse me for the grammatical/sintax errors..

Grammatical errors are OK, syntax ones (at least in C) are not. ;-)
i'm relly going crazy looking for that...
i need an example code or something that could help me to create an
very simpe c application that have to do this:

run on a linux server like a daemon and manage variables printing out
the value.. for example...

You should go to comp.unix.programming or any of the groups with `linux`
in their name. Here, only standard ISO/ANSI C is discussed, and there
are no such things as servers, daemons or linux in it.

Cheers

Vladimir

<snipped the rest of the problem description>

Vladimir S. Oka

Francesco said:
k thanks!

Who's `k`? Thanks for what?

Please quote what you're replying to, otherwise many people won't know
what you're on about (see instructions below). For example, /I/ haven't
seen /my own/ post yet, so I'm just assuming you're thanking me...

Also, people around here (myself included) tend to frown on text-speak.

Cheers

Vladimir

Vladimir S. Oka

Vladimir said:
Who's `k`? Thanks for what?

Please quote what you're replying to, otherwise many people won't know
what you're on about (see instructions below). For example, /I/
haven't seen /my own/ post yet, so I'm just assuming you're thanking
me...

And as my fine ISP is playing its little tricks on me _again_, I think I
may never see that post -- ever... :-(

Cheers

Francesco

sorry, i'm not abitual groups user....
thanks stand for "thanks for the tips, i have posted the message on
linux programming group :) "

Have a nice day...

Ico

Vladimir S. Oka said:
And as my fine ISP is playing its little tricks on me _again_, I think I
may never see that post -- ever... :-(

Check your reader settings, you might have plonked yourself. This
happened to me once, and it took me a quite some time to figure out what
was wrong.

Ico

Nelu

Francesco said:
sorry, i'm not abitual groups user....
thanks stand for "thanks for the tips, i have posted the message on
linux programming group :) "

Have a nice day...
You are very welcome! Who are you thanking to? And for what?
Please quote some context the next time you reply to something.
Usenet is not for private messages.

Vladimir S. Oka

Ico said:
Check your reader settings, you might have plonked yourself. This
happened to me once, and it took me a quite some time to figure out
what was wrong.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look.

Although I don't think that's the problem. It's only roughly one in five
or so own posts that I can't see. Anyway, I'm getting used to it :-(,
and am keeping them in my outbox, just in case I have to reply to
someone with no quoting habits.

Cheers

Vladimir

Michael Rasmussen

Although I don't think that's the problem. It's only roughly one in five
or so own posts that I can't see. Anyway, I'm getting used to it :-(, and
am keeping them in my outbox, just in case I have to reply to someone with
no quoting habits.
What news reader do you use? Or are you posting via email?

Vladimir S. Oka

Michael said:
What news reader do you use? Or are you posting via email?

KNode 0.9.2 (KDE 3.4.2 on SUSE 10.0 box).

If the question is about me saying `outbox`, I actually meant `Sent`
folder in KNode's `Local Folders` which is where everything that I post
ends up.

Cheers

Vladimir

Vladimir S. Oka

Michael said:
I have not heard of any such problems with KNode. Have you filed it as
a bug?

I don't actually think the problem's with KNode. Here's what actually
happens:

I post a follow-up to an article on c.l.c using my ISP's news server.
Most of the time I see it on c.l.c in due time on my ISP's news server.
Sometimes, however, I never see it on c.l.c on my ISP's news servers.
However, it's /always/ visible on Google Groups, or if I subscribe to
c.l.c using a different news servers (say, one of the free ones).
All the while I'm using same news client, i.e. KNode.

I'll drop it here now, as it's off topic. Any suggestions where's the
best place to ask (apart for bugging my ISP, of course).

Cheers

Vladimir

CBFalconer

Vladimir S. Oka said:
I don't actually think the problem's with KNode. Here's what
actually happens:

I post a follow-up to an article on c.l.c using my ISP's news
server. Most of the time I see it on c.l.c in due time on my
ISP's news server. Sometimes, however, I never see it on c.l.c
on my ISP's news servers. However, it's /always/ visible on
Google Groups, or if I subscribe to c.l.c using a different
news servers (say, one of the free ones). All the while I'm
using same news client, i.e. KNode.

I'll drop it here now, as it's off topic. Any suggestions
where's the best place to ask (apart for bugging my ISP, of
course).

Bugging your ISP is probably the only way. It looks as if he is
failing to post articles originating on his system. When he
propagates them to other systems they are marked as "SEEN-BY" his
system, so they don't come back.

--
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943

Michael Rasmussen

I don't actually think the problem's with KNode. Here's what actually
happens:

I post a follow-up to an article on c.l.c using my ISP's news server. Most
of the time I see it on c.l.c in due time on my ISP's news server.
Sometimes, however, I never see it on c.l.c on my ISP's news servers.
However, it's /always/ visible on Google Groups, or if I subscribe to
c.l.c using a different news servers (say, one of the free ones). All the
while I'm using same news client, i.e. KNode.
Try see if the problems occurs in another news reader. If not
I'll drop it here now, as it's off topic. Any suggestions where's the best
place to ask (apart for bugging my ISP, of course).
Try KDE mail lists.

Vladimir S. Oka

Bugging your ISP is probably the only way. It looks as if he is
failing to post articles originating on his system. When he
propagates them to other systems they are marked as "SEEN-BY" his
system, so they don't come back.

It seems to have been KNode after all. I tried Thunderbird and it
happily showed all my posts. Went back to KNode, unsubscribed to c.l.c,
exit, re-subscribed, and voila, here's everything again. I tried this
as I had this un/re-sub procedure nagging at the back of my head for a
while, as if I saw it in a post recently. Time to talk to KNode people,
then.

Thanks again for help and advice.

Cheers

Vladimir