Linux Console Applications / NCurses

Discussion in 'C++' started by Paul Woodward, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Please excuse me if I have placed this post in the wrong group.

    I am looking to write a large and complex application under Linux designed
    to look after the sales and purchasing of stock.

    Due to the complexity of this project there is going to be a fair amount of
    information spread across many screens and a requirement for quiet a bit of
    user input.

    Based on this I was wondering if I should use NCurses for screen control
    because although I have been looking into the possibilities there does not
    seem to be a lot of information about regarding the subject.

    Does anyone else have any alternatives or suggestions on what I should use
    for screen control or should I simply write my own functions?

    My requirements are the ability to place fields on screen which the user can
    enter / amend information and read only versions of fields for information
    display.

    The fields should have various options which can be set such as max length,
    input type (Alpha, Numerical Etc) and take care of all Input validation thus
    keeping my core code clean, simple and easy to read.

    NCurses seems to fill this requirement however information is sparse to say
    the least.

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Paul Woodward