[LINUX]Encoding problem when my application is started at boot

fcurvat

Hello,

I've got an encoding problem with my java application under a Mandriva
10.1.

Specs :
- java sdk 1.4.2_08
- Choosed encoding ISO-8859-1
- Mandriva LANG variable is FR

The application works with Tomcat and a servlet that makes the bridge
to a database.

The facts:

When i start tomcat and the servlet on the boot time (i've made a link
from my script to /etc/rc5.d/), the accents are replaced by ?.
After that, if i stop/start the services, it works very good.

NB: I run tomcat and the servlet with the java param
-Dfile.encoding="ISO-8859-1"

It seems to me that at boot time, java is not starting my app with the
correct encoding.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Fred

fcurvat

Hi,

Did i asked my question in the wrong forum ?

Someone have an idea of where i could find some help.

Thanks

Fred

fcurvat

At boot, the environnment variables are not set.
So at the beginning of script, we set the langage (in our case fr_FR)

export LC_ALL=fr_FR
export LANG=fr_FR
export LANGUAGE=fr_FR

That's all.