[LINUX]Encoding problem when my application is started at boot

Discussion in 'Java' started by fcurvat@gmail.com, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I've got an encoding problem with my java application under a Mandriva
    10.1.

    Specs :
    - java sdk 1.4.2_08
    - Choosed encoding ISO-8859-1
    - Mandriva LANG variable is FR

    The application works with Tomcat and a servlet that makes the bridge
    to a database.

    The facts:

    When i start tomcat and the servlet on the boot time (i've made a link
    from my script to /etc/rc5.d/), the accents are replaced by ?.
    After that, if i stop/start the services, it works very good.

    NB: I run tomcat and the servlet with the java param
    -Dfile.encoding="ISO-8859-1"

    It seems to me that at boot time, java is not starting my app with the
    correct encoding.

    Does anyone have an idea ?

    Thanks for your help.

    Fred

    , Sep 26, 2005

    Re: Encoding problem when my application is started at boot

    Hi,

    Did i asked my question in the wrong forum ?

    Someone have an idea of where i could find some help.

    Thanks

    Fred

    , Sep 27, 2005

    Re: Encoding problem when my application is started at boot

    The problem is solved.
    You can contact me if you have the same problem.

    , Oct 25, 2005
  4. Roedy Green Guest

    Re: Encoding problem when my application is started at boot

    On 25 Oct 2005 01:36:54 -0700, "" <>

    >The problem is solved.
    >You can contact me if you have the same problem.

    Would you like to give a hint?
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 25, 2005

    Re: Encoding problem when my application is started at boot

    At boot, the environnment variables are not set.
    So at the beginning of script, we set the langage (in our case fr_FR)

    export LC_ALL=fr_FR
    export LANG=fr_FR
    export LANGUAGE=fr_FR

    That's all.

    , Oct 25, 2005
  6. Roedy Green Guest

    Re: Encoding problem when my application is started at boot

    On 25 Oct 2005 04:30:04 -0700, "" <>

    >At boot, the environnment variables are not set.
    >So at the beginning of script, we set the langage (in our case fr_FR)
    >
    >export LC_ALL=fr_FR
    >export LANG=fr_FR
    >export LANGUAGE=fr_FR
    >
    >That's all.