    Btw, we're in Dallas and would gladly pay someone for their time to
    help get this all setup.

    -ds

    Doug, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Doug

    Sudsy Guest

    Doug wrote:
    > We need to setup a small development enviroment to support a new
    > project. The client has the following enviroment that we would like to
    > recreate in our lab;
    >
    > Linux / iPlanet / BEA Web Logic

    Does it have to duplicate this configuration? You'd save yourself
    time and trouble by using WebLogic to serve the static web pages.

    > Btw, we're in Dallas and would gladly pay someone for their time to
    > help get this all setup.

    Setting up WebLogic on Linux is fairly straight-forward. Buy a box,
    install Linux, provide SSH access using certs and I could connect
    and perform the installation remotely.

    Sudsy, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Doug

    Will Hartung Guest

    "Sudsy" <> wrote in message
    > Doug wrote:
    > > We need to setup a small development enviroment to support a new
    > > project. The client has the following enviroment that we would like to
    > > recreate in our lab;
    > >
    > > Linux / iPlanet / BEA Web Logic

    > Does it have to duplicate this configuration? You'd save yourself
    > time and trouble by using WebLogic to serve the static web pages.

    Yea, unless there is a specific requirement to have iPlanet (and by iPlanet
    I'm assuming the web server part of iPlanet), iPlanet is essentially
    redundant in this configuration.

    > > Btw, we're in Dallas and would gladly pay someone for their time to
    > > help get this all setup.

    > Setting up WebLogic on Linux is fairly straight-forward. Buy a box,
    > install Linux, provide SSH access using certs and I could connect
    > and perform the installation remotely.

    Not to steal work from Sudsy, but Weblogic is a pretty painless install to
    get to a working environment. It's worth an hour of your time if you have it
    to try it yourself before calling in outside help. You'll probably have more
    issues with the iPlanet->WLS integration than with WLS itself.

    Regards,

    Will Hartung
    ()

    Will Hartung, Sep 23, 2004
  4. Doug

    Sudsy Guest

    Will Hartung wrote:
    > "Sudsy" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Doug wrote:
    >>
    >>>We need to setup a small development enviroment to support a new
    >>>project. The client has the following enviroment that we would like to
    >>>recreate in our lab;
    >>>
    >>>Linux / iPlanet / BEA Web Logic

    >>Does it have to duplicate this configuration? You'd save yourself
    >>time and trouble by using WebLogic to serve the static web pages.

    > Yea, unless there is a specific requirement to have iPlanet (and by iPlanet
    > I'm assuming the web server part of iPlanet), iPlanet is essentially
    > redundant in this configuration.

    <snip>
    > Not to steal work from Sudsy, but Weblogic is a pretty painless install to
    > get to a working environment. It's worth an hour of your time if you have it
    > to try it yourself before calling in outside help. You'll probably have more
    > issues with the iPlanet->WLS integration than with WLS itself.

    I got the idea that it was the (no longer available) Web Server myself.
    For the record, I agree with your suggestion. That's why I noted that
    installing WebLogic isn't rocket science. Having performed the
    installation myself on a Linux box, it just might go a bit quicker.
    That said, there's much understanding to be gained by doing it them-
    selves.

    Sudsy, Sep 23, 2004