Linux Mag's "Introduction to Python Decorators"

Scott SA

Hi,

I've been trying to wrap my head around decorators and in my trails found a very recent article on Linux Mag's website. I didn't see a post here regarding this article and feel it is worth directing interested parties towards:

Introduction to Python Decorators

Have a web app that occasionally hangs? Use signals to
add a timeout to function requests with Python decorators.

Matthew Wilson
Thursday, March 13th, 2008

<http://www.linux-mag.com/id/5377>

The link req. registration (sorry, I can't do anything about that).

In a brief summary: The author has a Linux-hosted Web service that occasionally hangs. He uses signals via decorators to overcome the problem in an elegant way. While some of the content may not be applicable to all readers needs for decorators, his illustration and description of the subject is very good (IMO, FWIW).

I hope this helps others as much as it has for me,

Scott