Linux users beware too.....

William Tasso

Mark said:
Sometime around Wed, 03 Dec 2003 23:35:58 +0000, Toby A Inkster is
reported to have stated:

LOL. I was just trying to demonstrate how pointless it is trying to
define what is off-topic. Anyway, the FAQ says pretty much anything
web-related is on topic.

That still excludes the post that started this thread, of course. :)

/donning flame retardent suit ...

Web servers are off-topic, not web related?

See your earlier point was well made and not lost on me at least.

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:56:20 -0000, William Tasso is reported
to have stated:
/donning flame retardent suit ...

Web servers are off-topic, not web related?

See your earlier point was well made and not lost on me at least.

No flames here.

The OP, as I read it, was aimed at anyone running Linux on their own
machine, at home or at work, rather than those who have their site hosted
on a Linux machine.

But I guess it could be read that way.

Whitecrest

It might have been on topic if this was comp.os.linux, but it's not on
topic in alt.html.
Even browser security flaws are verging on off-topic.

And you are welcome to disagree, I personally thing that OS and browser
security are quite on topic here.

Whitecrest

LOL. I was just trying to demonstrate how pointless it is trying to define
what is off-topic. Anyway, the FAQ says pretty much anything web-related is
on topic.
That still excludes the post that started this thread, of course. :)

Oh, so the fact that the OS is used for a good number of web servers
keeps it off topic.

Whitecrest

No flames here.

The OP, as I read it, was aimed at anyone running Linux on their own
machine, at home or at work, rather than those who have their site hosted
on a Linux machine.

I posted it here because people use it as a web server.