Liquid layout with 100% height scrollable container

SebiF

Hello,

It might have been asked before but since I could not find a reference
here's my qustion:

I want a liquid layout similar to this one:
http://www.alistapart.com/d/negativemargins/ex5.htm

but with the footer fixed at the bottom and the content in a
scrollable area.

I was able to tweak the file easily to show the content in the
scrollable area ( by setting overflow:auto; for the "main" div
height:100% for body and "outer_wrapper", "container" and "main"
divs).

But I've had no success in getting the footer to stick to the bottom.

This design is for a web application, so I see how it might have
different style needs than a web page. Any ideas?

Thanks,
sebif

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
I was able to tweak the file easily to show the content in the
scrollable area ( by setting overflow:auto; for the "main" div
height:100% for body and "outer_wrapper", "container" and "main"
divs).

Scrollable divs can cause accessibility problems. But since this is not
a normal web site, I assume that's not an issue.
But I've had no success in getting the footer to stick to the bottom.

position: absolute; left: 0; bottom: 0;

Neal

Hello,

It might have been asked before but since I could not find a reference
here's my qustion:

Which of the at least 3 newsgroups you've multiposted to would you like
your answers in?