Liquid layout with 100% height scrollable container

Discussion in 'HTML' started by SebiF, Dec 1, 2004.

  1. SebiF

    SebiF Guest

    Hello,

    It might have been asked before but since I could not find a reference
    here's my qustion:

    I want a liquid layout similar to this one:
    http://www.alistapart.com/d/negativemargins/ex5.htm

    but with the footer fixed at the bottom and the content in a
    scrollable area.

    I was able to tweak the file easily to show the content in the
    scrollable area ( by setting overflow:auto; for the "main" div
    height:100% for body and "outer_wrapper", "container" and "main"
    divs).

    But I've had no success in getting the footer to stick to the bottom.

    This design is for a web application, so I see how it might have
    different style needs than a web page. Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    sebif

    SebiF, Dec 1, 2004

  2. SebiF

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, SebiF <> said:

    > I was able to tweak the file easily to show the content in the
    > scrollable area ( by setting overflow:auto; for the "main" div
    > height:100% for body and "outer_wrapper", "container" and "main"
    > divs).

    Scrollable divs can cause accessibility problems. But since this is not
    a normal web site, I assume that's not an issue.

    > But I've had no success in getting the footer to stick to the bottom.

    position: absolute; left: 0; bottom: 0;

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Dec 1, 2004

  3. SebiF

    Neal Guest

    On 1 Dec 2004 15:15:24 -0800, SebiF <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > It might have been asked before but since I could not find a reference
    > here's my qustion:

    Which of the at least 3 newsgroups you've multiposted to would you like
    your answers in?

    Neal, Dec 1, 2004