Liquid Layouts: The Easy Way

Discussion in 'HTML' started by kayodeok, Dec 31, 2003.

  1. kayodeok

    kayodeok Guest

    kayodeok, Dec 31, 2003

  2. kayodeok

    Steve R. Guest

    kayodeok wrote in message ...
    > Liquid Layouts: The Easy Way
    > http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/liquid/

    LOL, but that website itself is not laid out as a 'liquid' website.

    It's displayed for 800 pixel wide monitors.

    Do as I say, but not do as I do :~(

    Steve R., Dec 31, 2003

  3. "kayodeok" <> wrote in message
    > Found during my web travels:
    >
    > Liquid Layouts: The Easy Way
    > http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/liquid/
    >
    > Posted here for you to pick apart ;)

    It can make sense to define widths--or at least min-widths--for narrower
    blocks in terms of ems, since, after all, a column with one word per line
    would be ridiculous. But I'm not sure that the widths of major blocks ought
    to be defined in ems. With definitions in %, someone who uses the largest
    text setting available in his browser will still have the entire display
    confined horizontally to his viewport. With ems, the result can be an
    annoying amount of horizontal scrolling.

    Harlan Messinger, Dec 31, 2003
  4. kayodeok

    rf Guest

    "kayodeok" <> wrote in message
    > Found during my web travels:
    >
    > Liquid Layouts: The Easy Way
    > http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/liquid/
    >
    > Posted here for you to pick apart ;)

    Oxymoronic. A page on liquid design that isn't.

    And whats with that stupidly small pixel specified font size in the nav bar?

    "Don't do what I do, do what I say" :)

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 31, 2003