List all and field names database contents

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Andrew Banks, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Andrew Banks

    Andrew Banks Guest

    I have been provided with a DSN, user name and password for one of my
    clients sites.

    I'm not an ASP developer and need to view all the contents of this database.
    I usually work in PHP but only have ASP available on this server.

    I want to open the database and simply output all the contents into a HTML
    page.

    Is this possible and if so how?

    Thanks in advance
    Andrew Banks, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Andrew Banks

    Tom B Guest

    Try using ADOX, I did a search on google, and this page looked helpful
    (number 2)
    http://www.pstruh.cz/tips/detpg_listdb.htm

    and this is helpful
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...y/en-us/ado270/htm/pg_adox_fundamentals_1.asp

    Tom B, Jul 15, 2003

  3. You need to find out what database you are using. If you search for
    "schema" at www.aspfaq.com, you might find some useful results...

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Jul 15, 2003