List all Printer-Driver on a Mashine

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Tad McClellan, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Ronny Kluge <> wrote:

    > i want to get a List of all Printer Drivers, wich are installed on a Mashine.

    It is the job of the Operating System to manage device drivers.

    > Do you know how to do this with Perl?

    If you know how your *OS* can do this, then it is very likely
    that you can launch that OS function from Perl.

    Ask in an OS-specific newsgroup how to list the drivers, then come
    back here if you can't get it to run from Perl.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Tad McClellan

    Ronny Kluge Guest

    Hallo together,

    i want to get a List of all Printer Drivers, wich are installed on a Mashine.

    Do you know how to do this with Perl?

    Thanxs, Greets, Ronny.
    Ronny Kluge, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Tad McClellan

    Laura Guest

    Ronny Kluge wrote:

    > Hallo together,
    >
    > i want to get a List of all Printer Drivers, wich are installed on a
    > Mashine.
    >
    > Do you know how to do this with Perl?
    >
    > Thanxs, Greets, Ronny.

    I do it like this:

    @drivers = MashineDrivers('printers');
    print for @drivers;

    I have written the implementation for this function in the margins of my
    'Perl Cookbook' which I have unfortunately misplaced.
    Laura, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Tad McClellan

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Laura" <> wrote in message
    > Ronny Kluge wrote:
    >
    >> i want to get a List of all Printer Drivers, wich are installed on a
    >> Mashine.
    >>
    >> Do you know how to do this with Perl?

    > I do it like this:
    >
    > @drivers = MashineDrivers('printers');
    > print for @drivers;
    >
    > I have written the implementation for this function in the margins of my
    > 'Perl Cookbook' which I have unfortunately misplaced.

    Much like your brain, I expect...

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Nov 2, 2004