List and Table

Discussion in 'HTML' started by shapper, Jul 21, 2009.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I have a Table witch displays a list of records.
    And a Pager with Next, Previous and Page numbers that is rendered as a
    Ordered List.

    Should I include the Pager List inside the table foot or it would be
    more correct to place the Pager list after the table?

    Thank You,
    Miguel

    shapper, Jul 21, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed shapper <>
    writing in news:052ab36e-31c4-4dfd-bced-
    :

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Table witch displays a list of records.
    > And a Pager with Next, Previous and Page numbers that is rendered as a
    > Ordered List.
    >
    > Should I include the Pager List inside the table foot or it would be
    > more correct to place the Pager list after the table?
    >
    > Thank You,
    > Miguel

    Footers are like headers, usually a repetition of the data fields.

    If the paging is actually part of the data, then put it in the footer.
    But if it's not, then put keep it outside of the table. If you're doing
    things server side, you may be wanting to pass parameters to a function
    that makes the paging, and that could be reused. You would probably not
    want to put that in a footer.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jul 21, 2009

  3. shapper

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    shapper <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Table witch displays a list of records.
    > And a Pager with Next, Previous and Page numbers that is rendered as a
    > Ordered List.

    As an ordered list? Interesting. From the users point of view, the order
    does not matter in respect of which he clicks, it depending on what he
    wants to do. What would be first, Previous or Next? For alzeimic folk, I
    guess Previous. For the generally ambitious, smart, forward-looking type
    of user, it would be Next... Anyway, have I got time for these
    ruminations?

    > Should I include the Pager List inside the table foot or it would be
    > more correct to place the Pager list after the table?

    What has it got to do with the table? The semantic content of the table
    is records. The page links are about pages. So it should go outside the
    table. It is part of navigation for your pages.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 21, 2009