List and Table

shapper

Hello,

I have a Table witch displays a list of records.
And a Pager with Next, Previous and Page numbers that is rendered as a
Ordered List.

Should I include the Pager List inside the table foot or it would be
more correct to place the Pager list after the table?

Thank You,
Miguel

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed shapper <[email protected]>
writing in (e-mail address removed):
Hello,

I have a Table witch displays a list of records.
And a Pager with Next, Previous and Page numbers that is rendered as a
Ordered List.

Should I include the Pager List inside the table foot or it would be
more correct to place the Pager list after the table?

Thank You,
Miguel

Footers are like headers, usually a repetition of the data fields.

If the paging is actually part of the data, then put it in the footer.
But if it's not, then put keep it outside of the table. If you're doing
things server side, you may be wanting to pass parameters to a function
that makes the paging, and that could be reused. You would probably not
want to put that in a footer.

dorayme

shapper said:
Hello,

I have a Table witch displays a list of records.
And a Pager with Next, Previous and Page numbers that is rendered as a
Ordered List.

As an ordered list? Interesting. From the users point of view, the order
does not matter in respect of which he clicks, it depending on what he
wants to do. What would be first, Previous or Next? For alzeimic folk, I
guess Previous. For the generally ambitious, smart, forward-looking type
of user, it would be Next... Anyway, have I got time for these
ruminations?
Should I include the Pager List inside the table foot or it would be
more correct to place the Pager list after the table?

What has it got to do with the table? The semantic content of the table
is records. The page links are about pages. So it should go outside the
table. It is part of navigation for your pages.