List available kernel functions with descriptions.

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by dspfun, Aug 14, 2006.

  1. dspfun

    dspfun Guest

    How do you list all the available kernel function with a brief
    description, available in a linux system?

    Say that I'm used to use libc in user space and then would like to see
    if any of these functions have kernel equivalences when I write kernel
    space code?

    I beleive 'apropos' will not cover all the functions, since I tried
    'apropos printk' for example, and apropos didn't find it.

    dspfun, Aug 14, 2006

  2. dspfun

    dspfun Guest

    dspfun wrote:
    > How do you list all the available kernel function with a brief
    > description, available in a linux system?
    >
    > Say that I'm used to use libc in user space and then would like to see
    > if any of these functions have kernel equivalences when I write kernel
    > space code?
    >
    > I beleive 'apropos' will not cover all the functions, since I tried
    > 'apropos printk' for example, and apropos didn't find it.

    Sorry, probably wrong newsgroup.

    dspfun, Aug 14, 2006

  3. dspfun

    Flash Gordon Guest

    dspfun wrote:
    > dspfun wrote:
    >> How do you list all the available kernel function with a brief
    >> description, available in a linux system?

    <snip>

    > Sorry, probably wrong newsgroup.

    Definitely the wrong group, but I at least will accept your apology (I'm
    sure most others will as well).

    If you have any questions about C (rather than gcc extensions or the
    Linux kernel) you will find plenty of help here. Have a look at the
    comp.lang.c FAQ for lots of useful information and
    http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/intro_to_clc for information about this group.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Still sigless on this computer.