List bound controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alfredo Barrientos, Oct 17, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have been reading information about asp.net webcontrols, and i have
    found a term "List bound controls".

    What are "List Bound Controls"?? Which are the differences between
    these controls and the others?? how many webcontrols are list bound
    controls?? any url in microsoft.com talking about lista bound
    controls??

    Any help would be very appreciate.

    Thanks,

    Alfredo Barrientos

    Alfredo Barrientos, Oct 17, 2005

  2. Alfredo,

    List-Bound controls are any control that may be databound to a list of data
    (usually retrieved from a database) these would include many controls
    because almost any control may be databound. But controls that can actually
    bind to every item in a list of data are ones such as CheckBoxList,
    RadioButtonList, Datagrid, DataList, and Repeater.

    To find out more information on these and other bindable controls I would
    suggest starting with a few of the databinding tutorials which may be found
    here: http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche

    S. Justin Gengo, Oct 17, 2005

  3. Thanks Justin,

    In your page I cant find the documentation about ListBound controls.
    Could Any ASP.Net MVP answer this question??

    Thanks,

    Alfredo Barrientos

    Alfredo Barrientos, Oct 17, 2005