List bound controls

Alfredo Barrientos

Hi,

I have been reading information about asp.net webcontrols, and i have
found a term "List bound controls".

What are "List Bound Controls"?? Which are the differences between
these controls and the others?? how many webcontrols are list bound
controls?? any url in microsoft.com talking about lista bound
controls??

Any help would be very appreciate.

Thanks,

Alfredo Barrientos

S. Justin Gengo

Alfredo,

List-Bound controls are any control that may be databound to a list of data
(usually retrieved from a database) these would include many controls
because almost any control may be databound. But controls that can actually
bind to every item in a list of data are ones such as CheckBoxList,
RadioButtonList, Datagrid, DataList, and Repeater.

To find out more information on these and other bindable controls I would
suggest starting with a few of the databinding tutorials which may be found
here: http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Alfredo Barrientos

Thanks Justin,

In your page I cant find the documentation about ListBound controls.
Could Any ASP.Net MVP answer this question??

Thanks,

Alfredo Barrientos