list box colour

hey

Hello,
How do i change the background colour within a drop down list box? I applied
a style to the <form> tage but it didn't work
Is there anything i should change here, or is it something different?

..listbox {FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
COLOR: #ffffff; background-color:#28A9EC; border-color:#ffffff; width:175}

kudos
web

Jukka K. Korpela

hey said:
How do i change the background colour within a drop down list box?
Don't.

I applied a style to the <form> tage but it didn't work
Fine.

Is there anything i should change here, or is it something different?

Yes. Well, just remove it. It really doesn't matter what your page
actually contains and which elements might belong to class "listbox".
.listbox {FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY:
Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; COLOR: #ffffff;
background-color:#28A9EC; border-color:#ffffff; width:175}

That would be a nice exercise for a course in CSS: why is that style sheet
completely wrong?