List Box scrolling

arnabit

I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
are databound.
what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.

thanks in advance,
Arnab

arnabit

It's a pretty complex task. You need to have a very good understanding of
client-side events and programming. I doubt the effect is worth of effort.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
are databound.
what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.
thanks in advance,
Arnab- Hide quoted text -

yaa i know it is a complex task,but i have to do this.can you tell me
a workaround ,its urgent..

Guest

It's a pretty complex task. You need to have a very good understanding of
client-side events and programming. I doubt the effect is worth of effort.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net

I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
are databound.
what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.
thanks in advance,
Arnab- Hide quoted text -

http://groups.google.com/group/micr....aspnet/browse_thread/thread/8651d6c99933a338

SE.Computerguy

I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
are databound.
what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.

thanks in advance,
Arnab

Why not concatinate the strings together prior to loading the listbox
and using just one listbox?

something like this:
while(datareader.Read())
{
string name = datareader["reportOwnerColumn"]. ToString() + ": " +
datareader["reportNameColumn"]. ToString();
ListBox.Items.Add(new ListItem(name, SomeKeyValue.ToString()));
name=String.Empty();

Guest

I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
are databound.
what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.
thanks in advance,
Arnab

Why not concatinate the strings together prior to loading the listbox
and using just one listbox?

something like this:
while(datareader.Read())
{
string name = datareader["reportOwnerColumn"]. ToString() + ": " +
datareader["reportNameColumn"]. ToString();
ListBox.Items.Add(new ListItem(name, SomeKeyValue.ToString()));
name=String.Empty();

a DataView control could be an option too