List Box scrolling

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by arnabit@gmail.com, Sep 10, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
    owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
    are databound.
    what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
    also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.

    thanks in advance,
    Arnab
    , Sep 10, 2007

  2. It's a pretty complex task. You need to have a very good understanding of
    client-side events and programming. I doubt the effect is worth of effort.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 10, 2007

    On Sep 10, 5:58 pm, "Eliyahu Goldin"
    <> wrote:
    > It's a pretty complex task. You need to have a very good understanding of
    > client-side events and programming. I doubt the effect is worth of effort.
    >
    > --
    > Eliyahu Goldin,
    > Software Developer
    > Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > >I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
    > > owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
    > > are databound.
    > > what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
    > > also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.

    > > thanks in advance,
    > > Arnab- Hide quoted text -

    yaa i know it is a complex task,but i have to do this.can you tell me
    a workaround ,its urgent..
    , Sep 11, 2007
  4. On Sep 10, 2:58 pm, "Eliyahu Goldin"

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr....aspnet/browse_thread/thread/8651d6c99933a338
    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 11, 2007
  5. On Sep 10, 4:24 am, "" <> wrote:
    > I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
    > owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
    > are databound.
    > what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
    > also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.
    >
    > thanks in advance,
    > Arnab

    Why not concatinate the strings together prior to loading the listbox
    and using just one listbox?

    something like this:
    while(datareader.Read())
    {
    string name = datareader["reportOwnerColumn"]. ToString() + ": " +
    datareader["reportNameColumn"]. ToString();
    ListBox.Items.Add(new ListItem(name, SomeKeyValue.ToString()));
    name=String.Empty();
    }
    SE.Computerguy, Sep 11, 2007
  6. On Sep 11, 5:01 pm, "SE.Computerguy" <> wrote:
    > On Sep 10, 4:24 am, "" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
    > > owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
    > > are databound.
    > > what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
    > > also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.

    > > thanks in advance,
    > > Arnab

    > Why not concatinate the strings together prior to loading the listbox
    > and using just one listbox?
    >
    > something like this:
    > while(datareader.Read())
    > {
    > string name = datareader["reportOwnerColumn"]. ToString() + ": " +
    > datareader["reportNameColumn"]. ToString();
    > ListBox.Items.Add(new ListItem(name, SomeKeyValue.ToString()));
    > name=String.Empty();

    a DataView control could be an option too
    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 11, 2007