    I am trying to create a menu for asp.net page. The menu-detail list display, when mouse hovers over the main menu list, like you see in regular windows apps.

    When the detail-menu-list window displays, it goes 'behind' combo box (sent to back). For other controls, like textbox, it is fine. Can some explain, how can I send the list box (<asp:listbox>) to become the underneath and not display on top?

    Alwin S.

    Al Sav, Jun 18, 2004

  2. (a) <SELECT> elements are windows-level elements, and will always appear
    above document-level elements. I believe this is a bug, but I don't have
    any confidence it will ever be fixed. The workaround is typically to move
    the <SELECT> element so that it does not overlap where dynamic HTML will
    place content.

    (b) this isn't an ASP (or ASP.NET!) issue. For further ASP.NET issues,
    please see http://www.aspfaq.com/5002

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jun 19, 2004

  3. Al Sav

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    <<<<I believe this is a bug, but I don't have any confidence it will ever be
    fixed.>>>>

    Maybe after enough people have switched to Firefox (like me) or Mozilla, MS
    will get off its fat *ss and start working on IE again.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Jun 19, 2004