List box transfer

Shabam

I'm looking for a way to code two list boxes with a button in between them.
When I select an item from the left list and click the ">" I want that item
to move to the list box to the right (alphabetically), and get deleted off
the list on the left. Also if I select an item on the right and click the
"<" button, I want that item to disappear off the list on the right and
appear on the left (alphabetically).

I'm doing this so that I can take the values on the right list and send out
mail to those people.

Is there done code for this or a web tutorial somewhere? Thanks in advance.

brucie

in post: <
Shabam said:
I'm looking for a way to code two list boxes with a button in between them.
When I select an item from the left list and click the ">" I want that item
to move to the list box to the right (alphabetically), and get deleted off
the list on the left. Also if I select an item on the right and click the
"<" button, I want that item to disappear off the list on the right and
appear on the left (alphabetically).

possible but too fragile and critical to implement client side and not
really practical for server side.
I'm doing this so that I can take the values on the right list and send out
mail to those people.

use a <select> that allows multiple selections. example:

<select size="5" name="emailto" multiple>
<option value="whatever1">bob</option>
<option value="whatever2">john</option>
<option value="whatever3">emma</option>
<option value="whatever4">sally</option>
<option value="whatever5">god</option>
</select>

brucie

in post: <
brucie said:
use a <select> that allows multiple selections.

probably not the best idea. assumes people know how to use their
browsers. checkboxes would probably be the most foolproof

mscir

Shabam said:
I'm looking for a way to code two list boxes with a button in between them.
When I select an item from the left list and click the ">" I want that item
to move to the list box to the right (alphabetically), and get deleted off
the list on the left. Also if I select an item on the right and click the
"<" button, I want that item to disappear off the list on the right and
appear on the left (alphabetically).

I'm doing this so that I can take the values on the right list and send out
mail to those people.

Is there done code for this or a web tutorial somewhere? Thanks in advance.

Here's a good example:

http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/optiontransfer/index.html