List controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Adds, Nov 24, 2006.

  1. Adds

    Adds Guest

    Hello,

    I'm attemping to create a user control which contains list items, somewhat
    like asp:DropDownList.

    I want my HTML to look like this:

    <test:mainControl runat="server">
    <test:subControl value="1" runat="server">One</test:subControl>
    <test:subControl value="2" runat="server">Two</test:subControl>
    <test:subControl value="3" runat="server">Three</test:subControl>
    </test:mainControl>

    With any number of "subControl"'s defined.

    I'm at a loss as to how to create this. Can anyone point me in the
    direction of an example, or help me out? (vb or C#, I don't mind).

    The idea of the control is to create a menu, where each item in the menu is
    defined within the aspx page.

    Thanks,
    A.
    Adds, Nov 24, 2006