list groups and users of NT domain

Discussion in 'Python' started by Marko Faldix, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Marko Faldix

    Marko Faldix Guest

    Hello,

    I am looking for a language to achieve lists of all NT users and groups of a
    given NT domain on a Windows 2000 Server. It has to run within a webscript,
    so vbscript with windows scripting host is considered first. But before I
    dive into this, isn't it possible to do it with win32all?

    An ideal result would be something like the listings one get while changing
    file permissions on a file on a NT machine. I think, this extends too far,
    because you browse all accessible domains (isn't it?), but maybe it is
    sufficient enough to concentrate on one given known NT domain.

    Must I really use WSH and this combined with vbscript?

    Thanks for suggestions,

    --
    Marko Faldix
    M+R Infosysteme

    Marko Faldix, Aug 13, 2003

  2. "Marko Faldix" <> wrote in message news:<bhdaer$10objp$-berlin.de>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for a language to achieve lists of all NT users and groups of a
    > given NT domain on a Windows 2000 Server. It has to run within a webscript,
    > so vbscript with windows scripting host is considered first. But before I
    > dive into this, isn't it possible to do it with win32all?

    Look into <Python>\Lib\site-packages\win32\demos folder.
    In your case you are most interested in win32netdemo.py but it will not hurt
    if you browse other files.
    There is a lot of useful examples there

    > An ideal result would be something like the listings one get while changing
    > file permissions on a file on a NT machine. I think, this extends too far,
    > because you browse all accessible domains (isn't it?), but maybe it is
    > sufficient enough to concentrate on one given known NT domain.
    >
    > Must I really use WSH and this combined with vbscript?
    >

    > Thanks for suggestions,

    Waldemar Osuch

    Waldemar Osuch, Aug 13, 2003

  3. On Wednesday 13 August 2003 05:22, Marko Faldix wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for a language to achieve lists of all NT users and groups of
    > a given NT domain on a Windows 2000 Server. It has to run within a
    > webscript, so vbscript with windows scripting host is considered first. But
    > before I dive into this, isn't it possible to do it with win32all?
    >
    > An ideal result would be something like the listings one get while changing
    > file permissions on a file on a NT machine. I think, this extends too far,
    > because you browse all accessible domains (isn't it?), but maybe it is
    > sufficient enough to concentrate on one given known NT domain.
    >
    > Must I really use WSH and this combined with vbscript?

    If you are using Active Directory you can easily access the data via LDAP.
    Not sure if you are since you said NT domain, but worth a shot.

    Sean 'Shaleh' Perry, Aug 13, 2003
  4. Marko Faldix

    Marko Faldix Guest

    Hi,

    "Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Wednesday 13 August 2003 05:22, Marko Faldix wrote:
    > > Hello,

    [looking für list of NT Domain Groups/Users with python or WSH]

    > If you are using Active Directory you can easily access the data via LDAP.
    > Not sure if you are since you said NT domain, but worth a shot.

    I checked this point again. Indeed, OS will be switched to Active Directory.
    I had forgotten to distinguish between these two possibilities. The major
    scripts are already written with vbscript. Now I found this:

    http://cwashington.netreach.net/depo/default.asp?topic=adsifaq

    With active directory installed, it works simple with vbscript, so switching
    to python is still not needed.
    Thanks for all suggestions,

    Marko Faldix, Aug 14, 2003