List Indentation

Jay

I used CSS to take off the indentation of the unordered list tag for a side
menu which works in IE and Opera and that's about it.
http://www.pacer.org/ztatra/

Is there a way to move this list to the left in Netscape and Mozilla also?

--
"Some see the glass as half-empty;
some see the glass as half-full.

- J

brucie

in post: <
Jay said:
I used CSS to take off the indentation of the unordered list tag for a side
menu which works in IE and Opera and that's about it.
http://www.pacer.org/ztatra/

add 'padding:0;' to '#linkList ul'

you've also invoked a bug in IE with em font sizes making the text
unreadable.
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/screencap0384.png [7k]

change the font sizes to % or add 'font-size:100%;' to the body css
properties.

you also have the main text 10% smaller than my preferred size (.9em).
if i wanted it 10% smaller and was conformable reading text 10% smaller
i would make it 10% smaller.

Mark Parnell

Is there a way to move this list to the left in Netscape and Mozilla also?

Set the padding-left to zero as well as the margin.

Often it is best to set both the margin and padding to 0 for all
elements, then add them in where necessary, as different browsers have
different defaults.

Whitecrest

Often it is best to set both the margin and padding to 0 for all
elements, then add them in where necessary, as different browsers have
different defaults.

Good tip

Jay

brucie said:
in post: <

add 'padding:0;' to '#linkList ul'

That did it (a little oversight on my part) :)
you've also invoked a bug in IE with em font sizes making the text
unreadable.
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/screencap0384.png [7k]

I couldn't get the screen shot to come up...
change the font sizes to % or add 'font-size:100%;' to the body css
properties.

Will do.
you also have the main text 10% smaller than my preferred size (.9em).
if i wanted it 10% smaller and was conformable reading text 10% smaller
i would make it 10% smaller.

Thanks for the tip!

--
"Some see the glass as half-empty;
some see the glass as half-full.
I see the glass as too big." - George Carlin

- J

Jay

Mark Parnell said:
also?

Set the padding-left to zero as well as the margin.

Often it is best to set both the margin and padding to 0 for all
elements, then add them in where necessary, as different browsers have
different defaults.

Mark,

Thanks for the tip! It worked just as I had hoped!