List Menu problems in IE6

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bonnett, Nov 21, 2004.

  1. Bonnett

    Bonnett Guest

    I've just been tinkering with my website - http://www.pete-b.co.uk/ and have
    been getting extremely pissed off by the "phantom gaps" that IE seems to
    insert on the side menu and bottom bit with the time(currently coloured red
    for clarity).
    I've removed all the padding from the elements and the gaps still appear.
    Any help would be appreciated as I cannot find what the problem is, the site
    has been tested in FF1.0 Windows and Konqueror & Epiphany on Linux (not sure
    what version).
    My CSS is at: http://www.pete-b.co.uk/css/main.css

    Bonnett
    Bonnett, Nov 21, 2004

  2. Bonnett

    rf Guest

    Bonnett wrote:

    > I've just been tinkering with my website - http://www.pete-b.co.uk/ and

    have
    > been getting extremely pissed off by the "phantom gaps" that IE seems to
    > insert on the side menu and bottom bit with the time(currently coloured

    red
    > for clarity).

    I see no gaps. Perhaps post a screenshot of your system displaying the gaps.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 21, 2004

  3. Bonnett

    Bonnett Guest

    "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote in message
    > Bonnett wrote:
    >
    >> I've just been tinkering with my website - http://www.pete-b.co.uk/ and

    > have
    >> been getting extremely pissed off by the "phantom gaps" that IE seems to
    >> insert on the side menu and bottom bit with the time(currently coloured

    > red
    >> for clarity).

    > I see no gaps. Perhaps post a screenshot of your system displaying the
    > gaps.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    That would be because I've just fixed it this evening, had to use some silly
    parsing bug hack to remove whitespace off
    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/horizdropdowns/
    Thanks for looking thought :)

    Bonnett
    Bonnett, Nov 21, 2004
  4. Bonnett

    rf Guest

    Bonnett

    > That would be because I've just fixed it this evening,

    Perhaps a post here to let us all know that? :-(

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 22, 2004