List of Countries

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Samuel Shulman, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. Hi

    I wander how can I get the a list with all countries and the 2 characters
    country alphabetic code etc.

    Thank you,
    Samuel Shulman
    Samuel Shulman, Nov 27, 2006

  2. Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Nov 27, 2006

  3. Juan T. Llibre, Nov 27, 2006
  4. Samuel Shulman

    ThunderMusic Guest

    cool... and is there any way to find all the states/regions/provinces in
    each of these countries? like the 50 states from the US and the 10 provinces
    and 3 territories from Canada but for all the other countries...

    thanks

    ThunderMusic, Nov 27, 2006
  5. For that, you'll need a dedicated service.

    MaxMind's GeoIP :
    http://www.maxmind.com/app/ip-location

    The APIs are at : http://www.maxmind.com/app/api
    Check it out. If you like it, you may want to purchase their service.

    You might also want to check out IP-to-country, although they don't offer offer cities..
    You can download their DB here : http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info/
    They require you to create an account.

    Also, there's a free ip->country db at http://www.hostip.info/
    They *do* provide cities.

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 27, 2006
  6. Samuel Shulman

    ThunderMusic Guest

    thanks a lot...

    ThunderMusic, Nov 27, 2006
  7. Samuel Shulman

    Guest

    We are using .NET control from IP2Location.com for IP geolocation
    purpose.

    http://www.ip2location.com

    , Dec 10, 2006