    countries...Svalbard is a Norwegian island. I guess there are more errors in
    that list....

    any suggestions?
    Anton, Sep 27, 2009

  2. Try this:

    http://www.geekpedia.com/KB96_ASP.NET-DropDownList-of-countries.html

    I got a DropDownList of states from the same site, which worked good for me,
    and they happened to have a DropDownList of countries as well, so hopefully
    that will work good for you. Good Luck!
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, Sep 27, 2009

  3. Anton

    Tom Dacon Guest

    Google for ISO 3166. That's the International Standards Organization (ISO)
    standard for the names of countries and their subdivisions. It's considered
    authoritative, and is updated from time to time as geopolitical changes
    occur.

    Tom Dacon
    Dacon Software Consulting

    Tom Dacon, Sep 27, 2009
  4. On Sep 27, 5:44 pm, "Anton" <no_email> wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > I'm adding a dropdownlist with countries to my website, so user can selet
    > what country he lives in.
    >
    > I wonder if some of you have a list of countries I can insert into the
    > database. I googled and came accross ths listhttp://www.geekpedia.com/code54_Drop-down-list-of-countries.htmlwhich is
    > not perfect. It even lists icelands belonging to Norway as separate
    > countries...Svalbard is a Norwegian island. I guess there are more errors in
    > that list....
    >
    > any suggestions?

    Here's a script for SQL Server
    http://goneale.com/2009/01/22/country-name-and-iso-3166-sql-server-import-file/
    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 27, 2009
  5. And, if anybody wants the list of countries in spanish, I created a control for it.

    You can pick it up, with source code and full sample, here :

    http://asp.net.do/prueba/default.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    ¿ Estas probando VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0 ?
    Regístrate (gratis) en los Foros de VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0, en español
    http://asp.net.do/foros/forums/

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 28, 2009