list of countries

Anton

hi

I'm adding a dropdownlist with countries to my website, so user can selet
what country he lives in.

I wonder if some of you have a list of countries I can insert into the
database. I googled and came accross ths list
http://www.geekpedia.com/code54_Drop-down-list-of-countries.html which is
not perfect. It even lists icelands belonging to Norway as separate
countries...Svalbard is a Norwegian island. I guess there are more errors in
that list....

any suggestions?

Tom Dacon

Google for ISO 3166. That's the International Standards Organization (ISO)
standard for the names of countries and their subdivisions. It's considered
authoritative, and is updated from time to time as geopolitical changes
occur.

Tom Dacon
Dacon Software Consulting

Guest

hi

I'm adding a dropdownlist with countries to my website, so user can selet
what country he lives in.

I wonder if some of you have a list of countries I can insert into the
database. I googled and came accross ths listhttp://www.geekpedia.com/code54_Drop-down-list-of-countries.htmlwhich is
not perfect. It even lists icelands belonging to Norway as separate
countries...Svalbard is a Norwegian island. I guess there are more errors in
that list....

any suggestions?

Here's a script for SQL Server
http://goneale.com/2009/01/22/country-name-and-iso-3166-sql-server-import-file/