List of country names

Discussion in 'Java' started by tungchau81@yahoo.com, Nov 1, 2006.

    How do I get a list of all country names in this world in Java?

    Thanks in advance,
    Tung Chau
    , Nov 1, 2006

    I meant how I can get a list of all country names in this world the
    same way Locale class did for languages in Locale.getISOLanguages()
    function.

    Regards,
    Tung Chau
    , Nov 1, 2006

  3. Ben_ Guest

    Tried Locale.getISOCountries() and Locale.getDisplayCountry(Locale inLocale)
    ?
    Ben_, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Thomas Weidenfeller, Nov 2, 2006
  5. Dag Sunde Guest

    Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I meant how I can get a list of all country names in this world the
    >> same way Locale class did for languages in Locale.getISOLanguages()
    >> function.

    > Buy the ISO standards? Google for a list?

    ....or search for it?
    http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/list-en1.html

    http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/list-en1-semic.txt

    http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/iso_3166-1_xml_en.zip

    --
    Dag.
    Dag Sunde, Nov 2, 2006
  6. Ben_ Guest

    It's indeed a way to get a list of countries, but the OP asks if it's
    possible "the same way Locale class did for languages".
    Ben_, Nov 3, 2006