List of current user activity

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Christina N, Sep 14, 2004.

  1. Christina N

    Christina N Guest

    I want to write a (vb.net) function that outputs a list of currently active
    users, and an indication of how many minutes they've been inactive. I want
    the output to look something like this:

    SessionID Minutes since last activity
    =================== =================
    2igqzb45ylqm0hmroapzi3yd 5 minutes
    2j0ets551fdbi0myf5ifp445 0 minutes
    ih452lb1qf4ugh45hnzgehfw 1 minute

    Is this possible using IIS/ASP.Net?

    Best regards,
    Christina
    Christina N, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Christina N

    bruce barker Guest

    no builtin, but easy to code. create a static hashtable, and in global.asax
    on Application_EndRequest, update the session id and timestatmp. then write
    a page to query the hastable. should take less than 5 minutes to code.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Christina N

    Christina N Guest

    Could you please please give me an example on how to do this..?

    Best regards,
    Christina

    Christina N, Sep 14, 2004