List of Databases

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rick Langschultz, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. I am writing an Active Server Page application that will get all of the
    databases that a user can access. Is there a way I can do this with Active
    Server Pages? I also will provide the users with the option to change
    records, table structure, etc with this application.

    I will also be developing an asp.net (C#) project that will do the same
    thing.

    If anyone can provide code snippets or anything that would be great.

    Thanks,
    Rick Langschultz
    Web Developer/IT Manager

    Rick Langschultz, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Rick Langschultz wrote:
    > I am writing an Active Server Page application that will get all of
    > the databases that a user can access. Is there a way I can do this
    > with Active Server Pages? I also will provide the users with the
    > option to change records, table structure, etc with this application.
    >
    > I will also be developing an asp.net (C#) project that will do the
    > same thing.
    >
    > If anyone can provide code snippets or anything that would be great.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rick Langschultz
    > Web Developer/IT Manager

    What database? Should we assume that it's SQL Server given the inclusion of
    the sqlserver groups in your crosspost?
    Please don't make us guess. We need to know the type and version of rdbms
    you are using.

    You left out the dotnet groups that could have helped you with the .Net
    code you need (I'm responding from the .asp group which is for classic ASP
    questions)

    For starters, do a search at www.aspfaq.com. Here's one of the articles you
    will find:

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2456

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 6, 2005

  3. Rick Langschultz

    Leo Leong Guest

    the easiest way is:
    select name from master.dbo.sysdatabases

    Leo

    Leo Leong, Jul 8, 2005