List of Databases

Rick Langschultz

I am writing an Active Server Page application that will get all of the
databases that a user can access. Is there a way I can do this with Active
Server Pages? I also will provide the users with the option to change
records, table structure, etc with this application.

I will also be developing an asp.net (C#) project that will do the same
thing.

If anyone can provide code snippets or anything that would be great.

Thanks,
Rick Langschultz
Web Developer/IT Manager

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Rick said:
I am writing an Active Server Page application that will get all of
the databases that a user can access. Is there a way I can do this
with Active Server Pages? I also will provide the users with the
option to change records, table structure, etc with this application.

I will also be developing an asp.net (C#) project that will do the
same thing.

If anyone can provide code snippets or anything that would be great.

Thanks,
Rick Langschultz
Web Developer/IT Manager
What database? Should we assume that it's SQL Server given the inclusion of
the sqlserver groups in your crosspost?
Please don't make us guess. We need to know the type and version of rdbms
you are using.

You left out the dotnet groups that could have helped you with the .Net
code you need (I'm responding from the .asp group which is for classic ASP
questions)

For starters, do a search at www.aspfaq.com. Here's one of the articles you
will find:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2456