List of Function in C object file.

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by eyal.rif@gmail.com, Sep 4, 2005.

    I am trying to find a specific function in an object file (.a,.o,.so).

    how can i list the function names in C object files (.o,.so files)?

    Regards,
    Eyal
    , Sep 4, 2005

  2. Cong Wang Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to find a specific function in an object file (.a,.o,.so).
    >
    > how can i list the function names in C object files (.o,.so files)?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Eyal

    Try the useful tool on Linux--objdump! It can display the info you
    need in the object files.More info about it is in the man pages!
    Cong Wang, Sep 4, 2005

  3. surfer dude Guest

    While wandering through cyberspace on 4 Sep 2005 04:10:51 -0700, said
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to find a specific function in an object file (.a,.o,.so).
    >
    > how can i list the function names in C object files (.o,.so files)?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Eyal

    The "nm" command, available on all UNIX variations, can list all the
    entries in the symbol table of an object file
    surfer dude, Sep 4, 2005