list of html code same but output is different on different browsers

pradeep

Hello,

Can any one tell me different tags or properties of html which are
gives different outputs on different browsers ?

Thanks in advance.
Bye

Sherm Pendley

pradeep said:
Can any one tell me different tags or properties of html which are
gives different outputs on different browsers ?

That would be a list of all the elements in HTML. The visual rendering
of HTML elements is not required to be consistent.

Why do you think you need to know this?

sherm--

Bergamot

pradeep said:
Can any one tell me different tags or properties of html which are
gives different outputs on different browsers ?

Write semantic, standards-compliant HTML, preferably 4.01 Strict, and it
is less likely you'll have "different outputs on different browsers".

Likewise, the more straight forward and uncluttered the layout, the less
likely you'll need browser-targeted CSS.

If that doesn't answer the question, perhaps you need to state it
differently.

cwdjrxyz

Hello,

Can any one tell me different tags or properties of html which are
gives different outputs on different browsers ?

Nearly all browsers have bugs that can cause different response from
most other browsers, and many of these bugs get corrected in the next
update of the browser. You are more likely to run into css bugs than
the basic html ones, and IE5 had plenty of these. However, we are in
good shape compared to what was the case in the browser war era. If we
tags used on IE browsers that did not work on Netscape and vice versa.
A very few of these old browsers are still used, but many will not now
work on important web sites. For example, IE used bgsound and Netscape
used embed for sound. Soon after, IE also used embed for sound. IE
used document.all while Netscape used document.layers instead of the
now used W3C standard. And on, and on. Most recent browsers can now
handle up to xhtml 1.1 when properly served as application/xhtml+xml,
but even IE7 still can not do this. I know of no browser that can
handle full W3C SMIL 2 directly, but one can add a player/reader for
this language. For example, nearly full W3C SMIL 2 support is built
into newer Real players.