    gives different outputs on different browsers ?

    Thanks in advance.
    Bye
    pradeep, Jun 7, 2007

  2. pradeep <> writes:

    > Can any one tell me different tags or properties of html which are
    > gives different outputs on different browsers ?

    That would be a list of all the elements in HTML. The visual rendering
    of HTML elements is not required to be consistent.

    Why do you think you need to know this?

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Jun 7, 2007

  3. pradeep

    Bergamot Guest

    pradeep wrote:

    > Can any one tell me different tags or properties of html which are
    > gives different outputs on different browsers ?

    Write semantic, standards-compliant HTML, preferably 4.01 Strict, and it
    is less likely you'll have "different outputs on different browsers".

    Likewise, the more straight forward and uncluttered the layout, the less
    likely you'll need browser-targeted CSS.

    If that doesn't answer the question, perhaps you need to state it
    differently.

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Jun 7, 2007
  4. pradeep

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Jun 7, 5:49 am, pradeep <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can any one tell me different tags or properties of html which are
    > gives different outputs on different browsers ?

    Nearly all browsers have bugs that can cause different response from
    most other browsers, and many of these bugs get corrected in the next
    update of the browser. You are more likely to run into css bugs than
    the basic html ones, and IE5 had plenty of these. However, we are in
    good shape compared to what was the case in the browser war era. If we
    tags used on IE browsers that did not work on Netscape and vice versa.
    A very few of these old browsers are still used, but many will not now
    work on important web sites. For example, IE used bgsound and Netscape
    used embed for sound. Soon after, IE also used embed for sound. IE
    used document.all while Netscape used document.layers instead of the
    now used W3C standard. And on, and on. Most recent browsers can now
    handle up to xhtml 1.1 when properly served as application/xhtml+xml,
    but even IE7 still can not do this. I know of no browser that can
    handle full W3C SMIL 2 directly, but one can add a player/reader for
    this language. For example, nearly full W3C SMIL 2 support is built
    into newer Real players.
    cwdjrxyz, Jun 7, 2007