List of web services?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by vermyndax@gmail.com, Sep 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Does anyone know of a website that maintains a list of web services
    that can be freely consumed?

    I'm thinking of a project that would benefit from a web service and I'm
    sure there's one out there, but can't seem to locate it.

    , Sep 25, 2005

  2. Brock Allen Guest

    Here's one:

    http://xmethods.org/

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Vermyndax Guest

    Thanks Brock... unfortunately, they didn't seem to have what I was
    looking for.

    I am looking for a web service that will return information on a movie
    or actor, similar to IMDB... but it appears IMDB doesn't expose their
    database through a web service. Does anyone know of a site that does
    offer this information?

    Vermyndax, Sep 26, 2005
  4. Brock Allen Guest

    Yeah, that's fairly custom. Also, there's no one global repository; just
    lots of little ones like xmethods. I'd just google to see if there's one
    that exists... If that fails then you might need to do your own screen scraping
    of IMDB. *shudder*

    Brock Allen, Sep 26, 2005
  5. Vishakha Guest

    Hi Vermyndax!
    here is one:
    http://www.ignyte.com/webservices/ignyte.whatsshowing.webservice/moviefunctions.asmx
    This gives movie related information. There are 2 applications regarding this.
    Check it.

    Vishakha

    Vishakha, Nov 21, 2005