List of web services?

vermyndax

Does anyone know of a website that maintains a list of web services
that can be freely consumed?

I'm thinking of a project that would benefit from a web service and I'm
sure there's one out there, but can't seem to locate it.

Vermyndax

Thanks Brock... unfortunately, they didn't seem to have what I was
looking for.

I am looking for a web service that will return information on a movie
or actor, similar to IMDB... but it appears IMDB doesn't expose their
database through a web service. Does anyone know of a site that does
offer this information?

Brock Allen

Yeah, that's fairly custom. Also, there's no one global repository; just
lots of little ones like xmethods. I'd just google to see if there's one
that exists... If that fails then you might need to do your own screen scraping
of IMDB. *shudder*