List open files

Bruno GUERPILLON

Hi,

I'd like, in a WIN32 environment, list all open files.
Anyone got a clue how to do this ?

Regards,

Bruno.

Mike Driscoll

Hi,

I'd like, in a WIN32 environment, list all open files.
Anyone got a clue how to do this ?

Regards,

Bruno.

XP comes with a utility called OpenFiles.exe which supposedly gives
this functionality. You can use Python's subprocess command to run it
and parse its output.

Mike

Bruno GUERPILLON

Mike Driscoll said:
XP comes with a utility called OpenFiles.exe which supposedly gives
this functionality. You can use Python's subprocess command to run it
and parse its output.

Mike

Thanks for the answer Mike.
Well, Openfiles.exe list only file opened vi Network.
I'd like to know the local opene files list.

Regards

Bruno GUERPILLON

Miki said:
Hello Bruno,

Have a look at the sysinternals suite (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-
us/sysinternals/0e18b180-9b7a-4c49-8120-c47c5a693683.aspx), you might
find stuff there that will help you.

HTH,

Thanks Miki,

Well, i think i'll use handle.exe from sysinternals and parse the input.

Regards,

Méta-MCI \(MVP\)

Salut !

Finalement, tu as obtenu plus de réponses sur le NG français.
Comme quoi, la vérité n'est pas toujours ailleurs...

@+

Guillaume

Oh and don't forget to take care about saving correctly the Oracle
database ! ^^
(private joke *giggles* j/k :))

Regards,

Mike Driscoll

Thanks for the answer Mike.
Well, Openfiles.exe list only file opened vi Network.
I'd like to know the local opene files list.

Regards

There is a /Local flag that's supposed to show local files that are
open. I've never used this program myself though. You might be able to
use WMI somehow.

Mike

Bruno GUERPILLON

Guillaume said:
Oh and don't forget to take care about saving correctly the Oracle
database ! ^^
(private joke *giggles* j/k :))

Regards,

Sure Guillamne and dont forget to answer the right questions *grin*

Bruno.