List open files

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bruno GUERPILLON, Apr 8, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I'd like, in a WIN32 environment, list all open files.
    Anyone got a clue how to do this ?

    Regards,

    Bruno.
    Bruno GUERPILLON, Apr 8, 2008

  2. On Apr 8, 10:16 am, "Bruno GUERPILLON" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like, in a WIN32 environment, list all open files.
    > Anyone got a clue how to do this ?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Bruno.

    XP comes with a utility called OpenFiles.exe which supposedly gives
    this functionality. You can use Python's subprocess command to run it
    and parse its output.

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Apr 8, 2008

  3. Bruno GUERPILLON

    Miki Guest

    Hello Bruno,

    > I'd like, in a WIN32 environment, list all open files.
    > Anyone got a clue how to do this ?

    Have a look at the sysinternals suite (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-
    us/sysinternals/0e18b180-9b7a-4c49-8120-c47c5a693683.aspx), you might
    find stuff there that will help you.

    HTH,
    --
    Miki <>
    http://pythonwise.blogspot.com
    Miki, Apr 8, 2008
  4. "Mike Driscoll" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > On Apr 8, 10:16 am, "Bruno GUERPILLON" <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'd like, in a WIN32 environment, list all open files.
    >> Anyone got a clue how to do this ?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Bruno.

    > XP comes with a utility called OpenFiles.exe which supposedly gives
    > this functionality. You can use Python's subprocess command to run it
    > and parse its output.
    >
    > Mike

    Thanks for the answer Mike.
    Well, Openfiles.exe list only file opened vi Network.
    I'd like to know the local opene files list.

    Regards
    Bruno GUERPILLON, Apr 8, 2008
  5. "Miki" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Hello Bruno,
    >
    >> I'd like, in a WIN32 environment, list all open files.
    >> Anyone got a clue how to do this ?

    > Have a look at the sysinternals suite (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-
    > us/sysinternals/0e18b180-9b7a-4c49-8120-c47c5a693683.aspx), you might
    > find stuff there that will help you.
    >
    > HTH,
    > --
    > Miki <>
    > http://pythonwise.blogspot.com

    Thanks Miki,

    Well, i think i'll use handle.exe from sysinternals and parse the input.

    Regards,
    Bruno GUERPILLON, Apr 8, 2008
  6. Hi!

    > OpenFiles.exe

    OK, on a standard CPU/windows.
    On a server, use: Net File

    @-salutations
    --
    Michel Claveau
    Méta-MCI \(MVP\), Apr 8, 2008
  7. Salut !

    Finalement, tu as obtenu plus de réponses sur le NG français.
    Comme quoi, la vérité n'est pas toujours ailleurs...

    @+
    --
    Michel Claveau
    Méta-MCI \(MVP\), Apr 8, 2008
  8. Bruno GUERPILLON

    Guillaume Guest

    Oh and don't forget to take care about saving correctly the Oracle
    database ! ^^
    (private joke *giggles* j/k :))

    Regards,
    --
    Guillaume
    Guillaume, Apr 8, 2008
  9. On Apr 8, 10:56 am, "Bruno GUERPILLON" <> wrote:
    > "Mike Driscoll" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >
    > > On Apr 8, 10:16 am, "Bruno GUERPILLON" <> wrote:
    > >> Hi,

    > >> I'd like, in a WIN32 environment, list all open files.
    > >> Anyone got a clue how to do this ?

    > >> Regards,

    > >> Bruno.

    > > XP comes with a utility called OpenFiles.exe which supposedly gives
    > > this functionality. You can use Python's subprocess command to run it
    > > and parse its output.

    > > Mike

    > Thanks for the answer Mike.
    > Well, Openfiles.exe list only file opened vi Network.
    > I'd like to know the local opene files list.
    >
    > Regards

    There is a /Local flag that's supposed to show local files that are
    open. I've never used this program myself though. You might be able to
    use WMI somehow.

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Apr 8, 2008
  10. "Guillaume" <> a écrit dans le message de
    news: ftg58p$2fek$...
    > Oh and don't forget to take care about saving correctly the Oracle
    > database ! ^^
    > (private joke *giggles* j/k :))
    >
    > Regards,
    > --
    > Guillaume

    Sure Guillamne and dont forget to answer the right questions *grin*

    Bruno.
    Bruno GUERPILLON, Apr 9, 2008