List Question

Bill Loren

Hello,

Forgive my python newbieness.
Assume I have a list named heck_of_a_list.
how would I extract the number of elements out of it ?
(I'm looking for something like perl's $#heck_of_a_list operand)

thanks

Gonçalo Rodrigues

Hello,

Forgive my python newbieness.
Assume I have a list named heck_of_a_list.
how would I extract the number of elements out of it ?
(I'm looking for something like perl's $#heck_of_a_list operand)

thanks

Firing the interpreter:
heck_of_a_list = []
len(heck_of_a_list) 0

Maybe you would like to peruse the tutorial that comes with Python.
It's a very nice intro and it may answer some (a lot?) of your newbie
questions.

With my best regards,
G. Rodrigues