list search extender problem-AJAX

Paul

Hi I am using a list search extender and have the control it is assigned to
as a control in a template column in a gridview. Anyhow for some reason the
type to search section that normally appears right above the control is not
appearing right above the control. Although always lined up vertically it
randomly appears in different locations outside the gridview on the web page.
Any suggestions, thanks

Munna

Hi,

Set relative position style in the grids cell and mark it as
importent...
not sure thought it will work or not... but still give a try...
one more thing if you have set any row height please don't set any
hight..

regards

Munna

Paul

Hi Munna, thanks for the response. It looks like it does the same thing with
dropdown boxes that are not in a gridview control. I noticed that this only
occurs when the user scrolls down on the page, then the prompt appears to be
lined up but just too high. I ended up hiding the prompt as the
listsearchcontrol feature still works ok.