List shows differently in IE and Mozilla

Discussion in 'HTML' started by beckj, Mar 5, 2006.

  1. beckj

    beckj Guest

    Hello all
    I recognized that an unsorted list in a table does not show the bullet
    in IE (6) and Opera (7.54), while Mozilla (1.7.12) and Firefox (1.5)
    show the correct bullet. The webpage is validated with w3c and
    syntactically correct. Is there any trick to show the list correctly
    also in IE ?
    I have used lists outside a table before and those were correctly
    displayed, it's the first time I use it in a table,

  2. beckj wrote:
    > Hello all
    > I recognized that an unsorted list in a table does not show the bullet
    > in IE (6) and Opera (7.54), while Mozilla (1.7.12) and Firefox (1.5)
    > show the correct bullet. The webpage is validated with w3c and
    > syntactically correct. Is there any trick to show the list correctly
    > also in IE ?
    > I have used lists outside a table before and those were correctly
    > displayed, it's the first time I use it in a table,

    Remove the margin-left of the ul or li in the style sheet.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    24help.info and issociate.de to duplicate this post.
    Edwin van der Vaart, Mar 5, 2006

  3. beckj wrote :
    > Hello all
    > I recognized that an unsorted list in a table does not show the bullet
    > in IE (6) and Opera (7.54), while Mozilla (1.7.12) and Firefox (1.5)
    > show the correct bullet. The webpage is validated with w3c and
    > syntactically correct. Is there any trick to show the list correctly
    > also in IE ?
    > I have used lists outside a table before and those were correctly
    > displayed, it's the first time I use it in a table,
    > TIA

    Everything is explained at:
    Mozilla Developer Centre:
    Consistent List Indentation
    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Consistent_List_Indentation

    GĂ©rard
    --
    remove blah to email me
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=, Mar 5, 2006