List::Util on AIX - ERROR: Undefined symbol: .Perl_seed

usenet

I'm trying to install List::Util 1.18 (a fairly common and significant
module, IMHO) onto a new IBM POWER5-based p520 with AIX 5.3.

I'm getting a linker error (I don't really understand this stuff, BTW)
when I 'make test'

rm -f blib/arch/auto/List/Util/Util.so
ld -bhalt:4 -bM:SRE
-bI:/usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.2/aix-thread-multi/CORE/perl.exp
-bE:Util.exp -bnoentry -lpthreads -lc_r Util.o -o
blib/arch/auto/List/Util/Util.so
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .Perl_seed
ld: 0711-345 Use -bloadmap or -bnoquiet for more information

I did add the -bnoquiet flag to the ld command and it produced a lot of
output which (finally) said .Perl_seed was an undefined symbol, which I
already knew (and I won't clutter up usenet with all that output unless
someone asks me to).

Any help is appreciated!

usenet

I'm trying to install List::Util 1.18...

Hmmm... Version 1.17 installs on this machine without complaint.

Do you suppose I ought to bother Graham about this?