ListBox and round-trips

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike, May 4, 2004.

1. Mike

Mike Guest

Hello,

I have a web user control that contains a ListBox. I would like to display some information based on the double-clicking of the user on a ListBox's item. I was thinking about some code behind procedure to do that, but I am a little bit worried about round-trip to the web server. Every time the user clicks on an item, a round-trip to the server is made. Is there a better solution to avoid these round-trips?

Thanks.
    Mike

Mike, May 4, 2004
    1. Advertising

2. Mike

avnrao Guest

if you want to use code behind and process the double click event on the server side, you dont have a chance other than post back.
    if you want to put in some client-side script to do the process, you can write the script and post it using RegisterClientScriptBlock.

Av.
    "Mike" <> wrote in message news:...

Hello,

I have a web user control that contains a ListBox. I would like to display some information based on the double-clicking of the user on a ListBox's item. I was thinking about some code behind procedure to do that, but I am a little bit worried about round-trip to the web server. Every time the user clicks on an item, a round-trip to the server is made. Is there a better solution to avoid these round-trips?

Thanks.
    Mike

avnrao, May 4, 2004
    1. Advertising

3. Mike

Mike Guest

Thanks a lot! I will look at the "RegisterClientScriptBlock" option.
    Mike

"avnrao" <> wrote in message news:...
    if you want to use code behind and process the double click event on the server side, you dont have a chance other than post back.
    if you want to put in some client-side script to do the process, you can write the script and post it using RegisterClientScriptBlock.

Av.
    "Mike" <> wrote in message news:...

Hello,

Thanks.
    Mike

Mike, May 4, 2004
    1. Advertising