    I want to display Listbox containing check boxes in HTML.
    How can i do this ?
    Can you guide me.

    pradeep, Jun 16, 2008

  2. pradeep wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want to display Listbox containing check boxes in HTML.
    > How can i do this ?
    > Can you guide me.

    You can't, as such.

    If you use CSS you can create a fixed-height scrolling DIV that contains
    a collection of checkboxes with their labels.

    height: 8em;
    overflow: scroll;

    Harlan Messinger, Jun 16, 2008

  3. Scripsit pradeep:

    > I want to display Listbox containing check boxes in HTML.

    Stop wanting that.

    > How can i do this ?

    You cannot, according to HTML syntax.

    > Can you guide me.

    Analyze and tell us what you wish to accomplish, instead of an assumed
    technical approach, which is a dead end (comparable to "I want a
    rectangular circle").

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jun 16, 2008
  4. pradeep

    JavaScriptNinjA

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    You could write your own "listbox" using div's. Its not that hard really but it will require some JavaScript.

    JavaScriptNinjA, Jun 16, 2008
  5. On Jun 16, 8:18 am, pradeep <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want to display Listbox containing check boxes in HTML.
    > How can i do this ?
    > Can you guide me.

    If you HAVE to do this, then you might want to consider Flash because
    it can easily be done.

    Travis Newbury, Jun 16, 2008
  6. pradeep

    JavaScriptNinjA

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    The only reason I would not suggest Flash as an alternative, because it requires the Flash plug in. JavaScript is much more widely accepted, don't quote me but some figures suggest 98% of users use JavaScript (enabled) browsers, while Flash is much lower (unsure of the figure). Also for the programmer minded individual, I find Flex to be much easier to develop in than Flash, however I lack much experience with either.

    JavaScriptNinjA, Jun 16, 2008