Listbox delay postback

Guest

I have a couple of listboxes and dropdownlist on a page and they are postback
enabled. The problem is whenever user clicks the box the page brings to the
top. is there anyway to delay the postback till all the listboxes and
dropdown selections are made then the data is postback to server when the
submit button is clicked? Thanks for any response in advance!

Guest

Thanks for your response. I need the selected value from listboxes,
dropdownlists to be postback to server.

Phil H

Thanks for your response. I need the selected value from listboxes,
dropdownlists to be postback to server.

Hi Daisy

The property which controls whether or not selected data is retained
is "ViewStateEnabled" This I must emphasise only applies to web server
controls not to their html counterparts.

With regard to the page jumping back to the top there is a web.config
section:

maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack="True"

this is false be default

HTH