listbox hides the drop down menu

Reb

Hi,

I am using drop down menu in my pages.
In one of my page,there is a listbox control below the
menu. This listbox control is hiding the drop down menu
items. How can i make the drop down menu not to be hidden
by the listbox control?
I tried to increase the z-index for the menu control. But
it did not help.

Thanks
Reb

Teemu Keiski

I believe that's built-in the browser and as long as you use standard
listbox/ddl (SELECT element) you can't control it. If you do the listbox as
some DHTML trick then the case can be different.

Reb

I changed the asp listbox to html listbox but still
runat=server. But this does not help.
Can you tell me of how do i make Menu to overlap the
listbox?

thanks
Reb

Anthony Williams

Reb,

It can't be done. This is a known issue with Internet Explorer where Select
Drop-Downs and Select Lists will display over the top of every other element
on the page.

Unless you employ some DHTML trickery to hide all SELECT elements when your
DIVs are displayed, you'll always have this problem.

Post some requests in the JScript newsgroups, and the guys there will be
better poised to answer your questions, as this isn't really ASP.NET related
I'm afraid.

Regards,
Anthony