Listbox selected value(s)

Guest

Hello

I'm using a multi select listbox that allows the user to select one or more
values that are stored in a database. The listbox values are generated from
a lookup table (disciplines) and the associations (one-to-many) between the
lookup table and the main table (requirements) are stored in a separate
table.

The listbox works fine and I am able to save multiple selections for new
records. Turning now to the update process, I'd like to present the user with
the listbox showing which items/disciplines from the list are associated with
the record selected for edit/update.

From the associations table I'll generate a list of disciplines for the
selected requirement. Easy enough but what is the best way to loop through
this list and the listbox items and show which items in the listbox are
selected? also must one or both of the data sources be a dataset?

Thank you