listbox values to be alligned.......

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by raj, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. raj

    raj Guest

    hi,
    my list box in the html page contains list box with values. these
    values inturn have subvalues and I have to allign the child values to
    right so that i can know the parent of the values. how can I do that.
    list values should look something like this...
    (suppose u have a list box with the state names in usa. the cities of
    the states would be the child elements and the state names would be the
    parent values)

    ALABAMA
    Abbeville
    Huntsville
    Birmingham
    Montgomery
    ALASKA
    Anchorage
    Tucson

    Urgent can someone help pls. I can use java script or any java
    technology

    thanks..
    raj, Jan 19, 2006

  2. raj

    mick white Guest

    raj wrote:

    > hi,
    > my list box in the html page contains list box with values. these
    > values inturn have subvalues and I have to allign the child values to
    > right so that i can know the parent of the values. how can I do that.
    > list values should look something like this...
    > (suppose u have a list box with the state names in usa. the cities of
    > the states would be the child elements and the state names would be the
    > parent values)
    >
    > ALABAMA
    > Abbeville
    > Huntsville
    > Birmingham
    > Montgomery
    > ALASKA
    > Anchorage
    > Tucson

    <SELECT name="carCos">
    <OPTGROUP label="American">
    <OPTION value="General Motors">General Motors</OPTION>
    <OPTION value="Ford">Ford Motor Company</OPTION>
    <OPTION value="Chrysler">DaimlerChrysler</OPTION>
    </OPTGROUP>
    <OPTGROUP label="Japanese">
    <OPTION value="Toyota">Toyota</OPTION>
    <OPTION value="Honda">Honda</OPTION>