listbox values to be alligned.......

raj

hi,
my list box in the html page contains list box with values. these
values inturn have subvalues and I have to allign the child values to
right so that i can know the parent of the values. how can I do that.
list values should look something like this...
(suppose u have a list box with the state names in usa. the cities of
the states would be the child elements and the state names would be the
parent values)

ALABAMA
Abbeville
Huntsville
Birmingham
Montgomery
ALASKA
Anchorage
Tucson

Urgent can someone help pls. I can use java script or any java
technology

thanks..

mick white

raj said:
hi,
my list box in the html page contains list box with values. these
values inturn have subvalues and I have to allign the child values to
right so that i can know the parent of the values. how can I do that.
list values should look something like this...
(suppose u have a list box with the state names in usa. the cities of
the states would be the child elements and the state names would be the
parent values)

ALABAMA
Abbeville
Huntsville
Birmingham
Montgomery
ALASKA
Anchorage
Tucson

<SELECT name="carCos">
<OPTGROUP label="American">
<OPTION value="General Motors">General Motors</OPTION>
<OPTION value="Ford">Ford Motor Company</OPTION>
<OPTION value="Chrysler">DaimlerChrysler</OPTION>
</OPTGROUP>
<OPTGROUP label="Japanese">
<OPTION value="Toyota">Toyota</OPTION>
<OPTION value="Honda">Honda</OPTION>