    vertical bar created by HTML (JavaScript is OK).

    Thanks,

    Zalek
    zalek, Aug 12, 2008

  2. zalek

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    zalek <> wrote:

    > Maybe someone can show me an example of a listbox with 2 columns and a
    > vertical bar created by HTML (JavaScript is OK).

    Like this:

    <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/listSideBySideScroll.html>

    ?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 12, 2008

  3. dorayme wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > zalek <> wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe someone can show me an example of a listbox with 2 columns and
    >> a vertical bar created by HTML (JavaScript is OK).
    >>

    > Like this:
    >
    > <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/listSideBySideScroll.html>
    >
    > ?

    Was this a failure to understand, or were you making the subtle point that
    it could not be done?
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 12, 2008
  4. zalek

    Jeff North Guest

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:40:42 -0700 (PDT), in comp.lang.javascript
    zalek <>
    <>
    wrote:

    >| Maybe someone can show me an example of a listbox with 2 columns and a
    >| vertical bar created by HTML (JavaScript is OK).
    >|
    >| Thanks,
    >|
    >| Zalek

    <select name="lb" size="1" style="font-family: monospace">

    <option>R1C1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|
    R1C2</option>
    <option>Row 2 Col1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;| Row2
    Col2</option>
    <option>Row 3 Column 1 | Row 3 Colmn 2</option>
    </select>
    ----------------
    IOW, style to use monospaced fonts and use &nbsp; to pad the first
    column to the desired width.
    Jeff North, Aug 12, 2008
  5. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    >> dorayme wrote:
    >>> In article
    >>> <>,

    >>> Like this:
    >>>
    >>> <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/listSideBySideScroll.html>
    >>>
    >>> ?

    >> Was this a failure to understand, or were you making the subtle
    >> point that it could not be done?

    > Hmm. It wasn't clear in the OP but I'm guessing you said this because
    > you think the OP wants two columns with ONE scroll bar? Yes?

    Yes. The OP after all does say "a listbox", so an example showing two
    listboxes is probably not what the OP wants.
    Jeff showed a kludge to accomplish this. Hopefully that will satisfy the
    OP.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 12, 2008
  6. zalek

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Oj0Dl8G$>,
    "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > > zalek <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Maybe someone can show me an example of a listbox with 2 columns and
    > >> a vertical bar created by HTML (JavaScript is OK).
    > >>

    > > Like this:
    > >
    > > <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/listSideBySideScroll.html>
    > >
    > > ?

    > Was this a failure to understand, or were you making the subtle point that
    > it could not be done?

    Looks like it was a too hasty response of mine and was a failure to take
    the OP literally. I simply thought he meant to have a couple of lists
    and to have some scrollbars and was not making any point beyond this.

    (I am not capable of great subtlety, I am sort of Australian you see...)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 13, 2008