    i would try and listen to an audio stream from ruby, if its possible.
    Thanks!
    ~Nick
    Nick Hird, Jul 5, 2010

  2. On Jul 5, 8:11 pm, Nick Hird <> wrote:
    > [Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
    >
    > Does anyone have any information they can share with me on reading an audio
    > stream with ruby? I am teaching myself ruby and they say to find a project
    > and build it, so here i am. I listen to a lot of online radio and i thought
    > i would try and listen to an audio stream from ruby, if its possible.
    > Thanks!
    > ~Nick

    Since I listen a lot of online radio stations I've made small GUI
    utility for myself. It downloads list of radio stations from Shoutcast
    and Xiph and on Linux uses any player (I use audacious2 on Ubuntu).
    You can see it on http://github.com/bosko/rstreamtuner. You'll need
    wxRuby in order to use it.

    Regards,
    Bo¹ko Ivani¹eviæ
    Bosko Ivanisevic, Jul 5, 2010

  3. Nick Hird

    Roger Pack Guest

    Roger Pack, Jul 5, 2010
  4. Nick Hird

    Rob Eastwood Guest

    Nick Hird wrote:
    > Does anyone have any information they can share with me on reading an
    > audio stream with ruby? I am teaching myself ruby and they say to find a
    > project and build it, so here i am. I listen to a lot of online radio and i
    > thought i would try and listen to an audio stream from ruby, if its possible.
    > Thanks!
    > ~Nick

    Hi Nick, a very simplistic maybe => invoke a system command to run VLC,
    passing it the url of the radio stream; like:

    system "vlc http://radio1.internode.on.net:8000/117 vlc://quit ;"

    rob
    Rob Eastwood, Jul 13, 2010