LISTEN UP EVERYBODY. put your programming skills to use in this new MMORPG game. details listed

helpdog911

Run Online is a new MMORPG( massive multiplayer online role playing
game) in progress. I wish for it to be devoloped completley in java,
making it platform independent( able to run on any platform). The game
is set in medivial time(not finalized yet). When i firsted dreamed up
this project i had a huge case of amatures syndrome, as in the game was
so magnificently filled with a 1000nd classes, over a million monsters,
billions of monsters, and large world(I even had planned on putting in
25 other outer space planets)!!!!!! and all of these looked realistic.
Yep, thats the amatures syndrome. I got over it slowly as i realized
the difficulty in creating even the smallest of worlds. I couldnt
possibly even do that on my own, so i desided to put togheter this
dream team of specilists.

1 Project Manager: The project managers job is to over look the project
and organize the events and keep the project rolling.
..
Meeee!!!!

5 java programmers: the game is created completley in java. Im not sure
that 5 people is even enough, but that should do for now. Their job is
to program different segments of the game( each can focus on a
different aspect of the game to program)
..
..
..
..
..

3 graphic designers/ animation experts with basic knowledge of java:
their job is to create teh textures, buildings, and animations of the
world and the character as well as all the items and monsters.
..
..
1 database expert: manages the database part of the job.He/She must
make 100ds of reliable databases for usename, passwords. Items of a
character. Skills and many more. Its a key part of the game to get this
right.
..
1 Network administrator, security monitor: Must create an simple
encryption to code the graphics send over by the graphic people as
well as text written in the forum. This will prevent those outside of
"The Team" from getting into the game files and misusing it. The
network administrator part requires for knowledge in that field. This
person will the one responsible for having the game work smoothly on
the web, and sequerly.
..
3 Researchers/ advertisers: The reserchers must reserch and find
suitable programs, and information relating to the game of aspects of
the game. The advertisers will be responsible for advertising the game
to the public once it's finished. They will have to create cool
banners, and catchy phraces to help make drive the traffic to the game.
..
..
..
2 web designers: The web designers will design the website in which the
game will be hosted. The website must be trendy as well as easy to
navigate and quickly loadable.
..
..
2 Gamers/test players: They test out the game, find bugs, give
suggestions. They will be among the first in line to get a moderator
role.
..
..

If you would like to know more about any of these, or wish to join The
Project Team, plz email me at (e-mail address removed) with your
qualifications and comments. You definetly have a good chance of
getting into the project if you sign up early. I will personaly read
all the applications and put my sincear thoughts into it.

Youc can also view the forum at http://runonline.aceboard.com
( it has no topics at the moment)

Andrew Thompson

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Please refrain from multi-posting.
1 Project Manager: The project managers job is to over look the project
and organize the events and keep the project rolling.
.
Meeee!!!!

Given the project manager is apparently a clueless teenager,
I cannot see the project progressing well.

(X-post to c.l.j.p./g./a.*, w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only.)

* The most Java related groups of the OP's extensive multi-post.

Andrew T.

Furious George

[...]

Cool! You are the boss. You look especially good today. Have you
gotten your hair cut? lost weight? new girl/boyfriend?
5 java programmers: the game is created completley in java. Im not sure
that 5 people is even enough, but that should do for now. Their job is
to program different segments of the game( each can focus on a
different aspect of the game to program)

Cool! Since the game is created completely, all that is left for us
java programmers is to collect salary. BTW how much are you paying us
boss?
.
.
.
.
.

3 graphic designers/ animation experts with basic knowledge of java:
their job is to create teh textures, buildings, and animations of the
world and the character as well as all the items and monsters.

I don't have any graphic design/animation skills, but I know how to rip
off the work of others. What's the pay?
.
.
1 database expert: manages the database part of the job.He/She must
make 100ds of reliable databases for usename, passwords. Items of a
character. Skills and many more. Its a key part of the game to get this
right.

How much money?
.
1 Network administrator, security monitor: Must create an simple
encryption

I did advanced work on ROT13's successor ROT14. Even the NSA can't
break ROT14.
to code the graphics send over by the graphic people as
well as text written in the forum. This will prevent those outside of
"The Team" from getting into the game files and misusing it. The
network administrator part requires for knowledge in that field. This
person will the one responsible for having the game work smoothly on
the web, and sequerly.

You can count on me boss. I'm a team player. BTW, how much money?
.
[...]

Cool!

Tom Forsmo

Furious said:
Cool! You are the boss. You look especially good today. Have you
gotten your hair cut? lost weight? new girl/boyfriend?

I would also like to join in on the project, its soooo coool working for
a boss named helpdog911. Especially now that you have grown up and
really realised that you HAD an amateurs syndrome.
I did advanced work on ROT13's successor ROT14. Even the NSA can't
break ROT14.

LOL... :)

Any ways,

helpdog911, it would really help your credibility if you communicated
with your real name and in a more adult manner, created a project site
on a reputable project hosting site, explained the license and terms the
program would be released under and potentially how the programmers are
paid if its not free software (GPL or similar). An perhaps you should
lay out a believable plan on what the tasks are, how to go forth, and
what can of help is needed.

I think that is at least a good start, then you might meet some people
who are interested in helping you and they will be assigned
responsibility of different tasks or areas of the project. Then the core
project team will decide together the details of what need to be done
and how.

thomas

Patricia Shanahan

Andrew said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Please refrain from multi-posting.

Given the project manager is apparently a clueless teenager,
I cannot see the project progressing well.

The original message does not state the project manager's age.

I suspect you are assuming "teenager" based only "clueless". Is that
fair to competent teenagers?

Patricia

Andrew Thompson

Patricia said:
The original message does not state the project manager's age.

I suspect you are assuming "teenager" based only "clueless".

Ummm.. now that I re-read the original post, I'd say I
based the word 'teenager' on the combination of exuberant
naiivety displayed in the OP's message.

While I have nothing in particular against either
exuberance or naiivety - I might point out..
a) a naiive person is not someone you want as a
project manager, and..
b) exuberance don't buy the project much accomplishment..

( & yes, I do think that teenagers, in general, are both
exuberant and naiive - though more often the latter,
and there are always exceptions, and I don't really
care whether it is a fair assumption or not ..really. )

More clear?

Andrew T.

Chris Uppal

Patricia said:
Andrew Thompson wrote: [...]
Given the project manager is apparently a clueless teenager,
I cannot see the project progressing well.

The original message does not state the project manager's age.

I suspect you are assuming "teenager" based only "clueless". Is that
fair to competent teenagers?

Oh, come on Patricia ! It's OK to be a saint (providing you do it in private,
wash your hands afterwards, and take care never to scare the horses), but
expecting Andrew to share your beatific status seems... well, saintly; at best.

;-)

More to the point, I suspect Andrew was reacting to certain rather obvious
presentation issues and /deducing/ both teenagerhood and cluelessness from the
that.

I should add that the OP -- serious presentation issues apart -- didn't strike
me as clueless.

-- chris

Greg R. Broderick

I did advanced work on ROT13's successor ROT14. Even the NSA can't
break ROT14.

Well, I implemented ROT26! It is so advanced, it even stymies President
Bush! :)

Cheers!
GRB

Mark Space

Furious said:
Cool! Since the game is created completely, all that is left for us
java programmers is to collect salary. BTW how much are you paying us
boss?

I don't have any graphic design/animation skills, but I know how to rip
off the work of others. What's the pay?

How much money?
I did advanced work on ROT13's successor ROT14. Even the NSA can't
break ROT14.

This would be funny if Adobe hadn't tried to use ROT13 as their
"encryption scheme."
You can count on me boss. I'm a team player. BTW, how much money?

I have to assume he's going to be asking Mom and Dad for a second
mortgage on their house.

And no, you are not a team player. You're a sarcastic bastard. But I
like you anyway. ;-)