listing files in a directory by date

cwhite

hello all

i'm having problems trying to find information on how to write an asp
script that lists the files in a directoy

what i am looking to do is just list the 5 most recent files and list
them in descending order (newest) first

can anyone help me out here with a link, or some basic instructions,
i've found plenty of scripts that list files, but they don't explain
how its accomplished, and to me that's more important than simply
dumping a script on the server and using it

thanks

cwhite

Thanks, that's a good place to start and it looks like they explain
what is happening