Listing/killing processes on IIS6....

Stu

Hi,

I have an asp.net page that lists all running processes on the server using
the script below:

Dim p As Process
For Each p In Process.GetProcesses
sb.Append(p.ProcessName)
sb.Append("<br>")
Next

When I run this locally it works fine (on XP). When I uplaod it to the Win
2003 server I get the 'Access is denied' error shown at the bottom of the
page.

This app is running using it's own user credentials (as I am doing word
automation) - how do I allow the user this web site is running as to
list/stop processes on the server?

Thanks in advance,

Stu

The error:
Server Error in '/' Application.

Access is denied

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied

Kevin Spencer

Grant the necessary permissions to the user account under which the ASP.Net
app is running. Alternatively, use impersonation.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Everybody picks their nose,
But some people are better at hiding it.

Stu

Which files require the persmissions?

I have even run the web site impersonating the administrator account
(briefly!). This allowed me to list the processes but noty stop one.

Thanks in advance,
Stu