Listing machine accounts & sids in an NT 4 domain?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Brian Duffy, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Brian Duffy

    Brian Duffy Guest

    Hello list,

    I'm trying to generate lists of machines & sids in Windows NT 4 & W2k
    AD domains to help detect machines that get re-imaged with a new copy
    of windows. I'm currently operating on the assumption that when a
    machine is re-imaged a new SID will be generated and kept at the
    domain level.

    I figure if I can list all of the thousands of machine sids in the
    domain and place them in a database, I can periodically list all the
    machine SIDs again and easily identifity the ones that have changed.

    The only problem is, I am having difficulty finding a perl function
    that returns both the name & the sid of the workstation.

    Could anyone point me in the right direction?

    Brian Duffy

    Brian Duffy, Jul 15, 2003