    hey what is the many dif with them why bothere using tuples and how do you
    edit a list???

    thanks

    mr_vocab, May 24, 2004

  2. mr_vocab

    Ben Finney Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 07:51:37 +1000, mr_vocab wrote:
    > hey what is the many dif with them why bothere using tuples and how do
    > you edit a list???

    You just answered your own question.

    Tuples are immutable. Lists are mutable. That's one of the primary
    reasons to have these two separate sequence types.

    Learn more about sequence types in Python:

    <http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/node7.html>

    or, better, work through the whole tutorial to learn a lot about Python:

    <http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/>

    --
    \ "I went to a garage sale. 'How much for the garage?' 'It's not |
    `\ for sale.'" -- Steven Wright |

    Ben Finney, May 25, 2004

  3. On 2004-05-24, mr_vocab <> wrote:

    > hey what is the many dif with them why bothere using tuples and how do you
    > edit a list???

    See the recent thread on "terminology obscurity" or somesuch.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! I demand IMPUNITY!
    at

    Grant Edwards, May 25, 2004
  4. mr_vocab

    mr_vocab Guest