    can i get these features 'out of the box' (no further jar aside from
    maybe jwsdp 1.6) downloads?

    if so how?

    Elhanan, May 5, 2006

  2. Hi Elhanan,

    Elhanan wrote:
    > hi..
    >
    > i would like use Schema validation and transfomation and be as standard
    > as possible...
    >
    > what is the jaxp version that comes 1.4.2 ?

    Current JAXP version is 1.3 and included in JWSDP 2.0 and Java SE 5.0

    > can i get these features 'out of the box' (no further jar aside from
    > maybe jwsdp 1.6) downloads?

    Depends on which XML parsing model you want to use. For example using
    DOM you also need the w3c dom jar.

    By the way, why don't using JAXB (Java-XML binding)?
    It's part of the JWSDP 2.0 and did a great job for me.

    For detailed information have a look at suns JWSDP site.
    http://java.sun.com/webservices/downloads/webservicespack.html

    Hope it helps you.

    regards,
    stefan

    Stefan Theusner, May 5, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    Stefan Theusner <> wrote:

    > Hi Elhanan,
    >
    > Elhanan wrote:
    > > hi..
    > >
    > > i would like use Schema validation and transfomation and be as standard
    > > as possible...
    > >
    > > what is the jaxp version that comes 1.4.2 ?

    > Current JAXP version is 1.3 and included in JWSDP 2.0 and Java SE 5.0
    >

    > > can i get these features 'out of the box' (no further jar aside from
    > > maybe jwsdp 1.6) downloads?

    > Depends on which XML parsing model you want to use. For example using
    > DOM you also need the w3c dom jar.

    That's not correct. With J2SE 5.0, you do not need ANY additional jar
    files to parse XML. In fact, you didn't with 1.4.2, either. Both
    include the org.w3c.dom package and some java.xml packages. As of
    1.5/5.0, there's support for DOM Level 3.

    > By the way, why don't using JAXB (Java-XML binding)?
    > It's part of the JWSDP 2.0 and did a great job for me.
    >
    > For detailed information have a look at suns JWSDP site.
    > http://java.sun.com/webservices/downloads/webservicespack.html
    >
    > Hope it helps you.
    >
    > regards,
    > stefan

    Java 1.4.2 included JAXP 1.2 built-in and used Crimson. Info at
    <http://java.sun.com/webservices/jaxp/index.jsp> tells that 1.3 is
    included in 1.5/5.0 and and offers links for downloading it for use with
    older environments. It's now using Xerces.
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama

    Steve W. Jackson, May 5, 2006
  4. >
    > That's not correct. With J2SE 5.0, you do not need ANY additional jar
    > files to parse XML. In fact, you didn't with 1.4.2, either. Both
    > include the org.w3c.dom package and some java.xml packages. As of
    > 1.5/5.0, there's support for DOM Level 3.

    Sorry, i didn't know org.w3c.dom is included...

    Stefan Theusner, May 5, 2006
  5. Elhanan

    Elhanan Guest

    i AM using jaxb however, i found out the harder that doesn't validate
    fully (for example what seemed like being accepted by jaxb , fell with
    xerces, if i place values that weren't in simple types enumerations, or
    if included an element more then once, when the maxOccurs was only 1.

    i thought jaxb was all i needed i was wrong.

    jwsdp 2.0 must have JAVA 5, we are running with java 1.4.2. that's why
    i'm using jwsdp 1.6

    Elhanan, May 6, 2006