    site? Does it have a particular file name?
    Thank you

    marco
    mrcmobile:., Oct 13, 2005

  2. mrcmobile:.

    PretLetters Guest

    mrcmobile:. schreef:

    > could you explain to me, how to show the little logo on the left of url, in
    > the url bar of internet explorer?

    That thingy is called a 'favicon'. Google for information:
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=favicon>

    --

    --- --<--@ -- PretLetters: 'woest wyf', met vele interesses: --------
    weblog | http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_private/weblog.html
    PretLetters, Oct 13, 2005

  3. mrcmobile:. wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > could you explain to me, how to show the little logo on the left of
    > url, in the url bar of internet explorer? I see that many web sites
    > own it. Is it a .gif to put on the root of the web site? Does it have
    > a particular file name?
    > Thank you

    Google is your friend (if you knew what it was called <g> ).

    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=favicon&btnG=Google+Search>

    Internut Exploder only supports it if you bookmark the site, and then
    only on the dropdown list, and then only until you clear your cache.
    Modern browsers will show it in the location bar.

    --
    -bts
    -When motorcycling, never follow a pig truck
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 13, 2005
  4. mrcmobile:.

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, mrcmobile:. quothed:

    > Hi All,
    > could you explain to me, how to show the little logo on the left of url, in
    > the url bar of internet explorer?

    It's called a "favicon" but I'm surprised you've seen any in IE at all.
    They don't work too good in IE but do in other browsers.

    > I see that many web sites own it. Is it a .gif to put on the root of the web
    > site? Does it have a particular file name?
    > Thank you

    Doesn't have to be a .gif; can be a .jpg, etc. The prudent size is 16 x
    16 pixels. Since others have suggested that you Google for your gruel,
    I'll take a powder at this point.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 13, 2005
  5. Neredbojias wrote:

    > Doesn't have to be a .gif; can be a .jpg, etc. The prudent size is 16 x
    > 16 pixels.

    No, it needs to be an .ico file...

    16x16 is correct. <g>

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 13, 2005
  6. mrcmobile:.

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Beauregard T. Shagnasty quothed:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >
    > > Doesn't have to be a .gif; can be a .jpg, etc. The prudent size is 16 x
    > > 16 pixels.

    > No, it needs to be an .ico file...

    Not in Mozilla and Opera.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 13, 2005
  7. mrcmobile:.

    mrcmobile:. Guest

    >> No, it needs to be an .ico file...

    > Not in Mozilla and Opera.
    >
    >> 16x16 is correct. <g>

    thank you all for information. Now I know favicon :)
    mrcmobile:., Oct 14, 2005
  8. mrcmobile:.

    YouCanToo Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > With neither quill nor qualm, Beauregard T. Shagnasty quothed:
    >

    >>Neredbojias wrote:
    >>

    >>>Doesn't have to be a .gif; can be a .jpg, etc. The prudent size is 16 x
    >>>16 pixels.

    >>No, it needs to be an .ico file...

    > Not in Mozilla and Opera.
    >

    >>16x16 is correct. <g>

    it can also be a .png file and it can also be 32x32
    YouCanToo, Oct 16, 2005